Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 912 times

Advertisements

Verizon is just as bad. Just spent 2 hours on the phone to be told he couldn't help me. They charged me an early termination fee of $345, and all I did was call to upgrade my package to get the tennis channel. They did refund it, since it was obviously their mistake. When the bill comes it's always more than what they quoted and we have had it 2 months. The bill has 30 line items and credits it's difficult to tell where they are sticking it to you, because the bill is so convoluted. I have already had to call several times and no one ever has the same answer. Wish I was back in the ATL with AT&T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,927,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosley06 View Post
My wife and I are buying a townhouse in the Farmwell Hunt area in Ashburn (20147). Can someone recommend a good (fast speed, less congestion) high speed internet service provider for that area? Thanks!
If FIOS is an option, grab it!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,413,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbandel View Post
Verizon is just as bad. Just spent 2 hours on the phone to be told he couldn't help me. They charged me an early termination fee of $345, and all I did was call to upgrade my package to get the tennis channel.
Was it really worth registering just to bump a three old thread with your complaint about Verizon ?

If anyone else sees the responses on the first pages they don't remove any copper wiring in or to your home anymore (if they ever did in the first place). All they do is switch it over where it comes into your house (just like the cable).

I love FIOS - much better than the Comcast I used to have.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM

298 posts, read 678,901 times
I love FIOS. I think it is the best option on the market. I have several friends who have switched from other services to FIOS and have yet to hear from any who regretted it.

FWIW, I have phone, TV, and Internet, and Internet is MUCH MUCH faster than cable and has been "down" only once in the two years or so I've had it (and rebooting the router fixed it!). So my router has been on for like over a year with no disruption in service. I have 35Mbps up / 35Mbps down. I didn't start out that fast, but Verizon has increased my speed at no additional cost twice since I got the service.

Also, they didn't remove our copper lines -- they are still in the house, just not used by the FIOS phone, which is VOIP, I suppose, but it works and sounds the same as a normal phone. We asked them not to remove the copper, in case we decided we wanted to switch back. But I've had this for a couple of years now and there is no way I'm switching back.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 798 times
I hate verizon...they lied to me about the packages...i thought being a good & loyal customer with them, they would give us a discount..but no..the longer you stay with them, the more they charged..right now, i have to pay $170/monthly for the basic bundles that i have (tv is for only basic channels, slow internet as well as limmitted phone call). On top of that, they have very bad customer service...when there is a problem, they don't want to hear it and hang up the phone on you....i am switching to direct tv now for better services as well as better quality.....go to hell verizon!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM

49 posts, read 83,503 times
We've only been here a couple of months but so far we've been happy with Verizon FIOS.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,685,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuongnhi10 View Post
I hate verizon...they lied to me about the packages...i thought being a good & loyal customer with them, they would give us a discount..but no..the longer you stay with them, the more they charged..right now, i have to pay $170/monthly for the basic bundles that i have (tv is for only basic channels, slow internet as well as limmitted phone call). On top of that, they have very bad customer service...when there is a problem, they don't want to hear it and hang up the phone on you....i am switching to direct tv now for better services as well as better quality.....go to hell verizon!!!
You're getting the shaft my friend. I pay about that with FiOS for everything but the movie channels and extra sports channels, minus maybe one or two HD channels. I've only found one I don't get. Plus 2 HD boxes and the new HD DVR (home media as well), plus the 25 down/15 up internet, plus phone for US/Canada/PR I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia