Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

942 posts, read 2,520,264 times

Advertisements

We are contemplating moving to NOVA and would like to be in the area of Dulles airport, Dulles town center, and Lifetime Fitness in Sterling. We have never lived in that area and are not familiar with the neighborhoods. We would like to rent a newer townhouse with garage of SFH, preferably under $2,500 per month. Any suggestions on neighborhoods? Will our price range be sufficient or will we need to increase our budget? I appreciate any help anyone can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
I think your price range is sufficient for the area, but, WOW, this might be a first. May I ask why you specifically want to be near that particular gym? The area is loaded with gyms.

(Most people pick their homes based on jobs, commutes, schools, family, etc. First I've seen wanting to pick a house based on a gym and a mall.)

Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 AM

110 posts, read 292,651 times
Loudoun Valley is right off of the toll rd and about 5 mins from the airport. I would say about 10 mins from Dulles Town Center (mainly because of the traffic lights). If you arent set on that gym, there is a very nice gym in Brambleton (Sport & Health) which is also an area you could look into. As for price range, you should be able to find a nice townhouse w/garage in that price range. Especially if you wait until the peak rental time.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:08 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,962,966 times
Here are some specific areas for your search:

The closest townhouse development to the Dulles Town Center is the Collannade at DTC, you could walk to the shopping center from there.

Next closest is a large area off Church Road near route 28, the developments are named Dominion Station, Peace Plantation, and Tall Oaks. Look for Magnolia Road on the map and you will see it is close to the fitness center and also close to DTC.

About 5 minutes away from DTC is an area off Sterling Road (not Sterling Blvd) near route 28. Look for Oak Grove Road on your map. It is on the Loudoun/Fairfax County line but in Loudoun County.

All of these are newer large townhouses with garages, some have 2 car garages, and some of them in the Oak Grove area have 2 car detached garages which really frees up the space in the townhouse. All of these areas are also close to Dulles Airport.

Go to Homes for Sale and Rent in DC, Maryland, Virginia | HomesDatabase.com and use their map feature to locate rental homes, all of these areas are in your price range, very close to your areas of interest, and are safe, attractive developments. Zip code for this area is 20166.

Last edited by Margery; 02-18-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I think your price range is sufficient for the area, but, WOW, this might be a first. May I ask why you specifically want to be near that particular gym? The area is loaded with gyms.

(Most people pick their homes based on jobs, commutes, schools, family, etc. First I've seen wanting to pick a house based on a gym and a mall.)
I can only assume it is similar to the Lifetime we use in AZ which has multiple indoor/outdoor pools, steam rooms, indoor/outdoor hot tubs, towel service, etc. If only they had a lazy river, I would live there

Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
Here are some specific areas for your search:

The closest townhouse development to the Dulles Town Center is the Collannade at DTC, you could walk to the shopping center from there.

Next closest is a large area off Church Road near route 28, the developments are named Dominion Station, Peace Plantation, and Tall Oaks. Look for Magnolia Road on the map and you will see it is close to the fitness center and also close to DTC.

About 5 minutes away from DTC is an area off Sterling Road (not Sterling Blvd) near route 28. Look for Oak Grove Road on your map. It is on the Loudoun/Fairfax County line but in Loudoun County.

All of these are newer large townhouses with garages, some have 2 car garages, and some of them in the Oak Grove area have 2 car detached garages which really frees up the space in the townhouse. All of these areas are also close to Dulles Airport.

Go to Homes for Sale and Rent in DC, Maryland, Virginia | HomesDatabase.com and use their map feature to locate rental homes, all of these areas are in your price range, very close to your areas of interest, and are safe, attractive developments. Zip code for this area is 20166.
Thank you, very helpful. DH will work out of Dulles area, with some need to go to the Leesburg airport and this information definitely helps!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
Cool relocating to Sterling area too

I'll be relocating to Sterling this fall and I'm a Lifetime Fitness member in Gilbert, AZ. Don't know yet if membership is good at any location or if fees could increase....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: