Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu111 View Post
Of course I read the posts. I wait a little while for people to answer.

I can't believe some of the hostility (from one or two people) in this post where the moderator had to cut the personal attacks that were made on me.

What happened to southern comfort & hospitality? Well I guess the DC/Virginia area is the official end of the south and the beginning of the east coast. Kind of reminds of my Montreal trip where people " 'cop a 'tude " if you ask directions for god's sake.

Well my wife got a kick out of that one reply where the guy said, " you should let your wife and kid make these decisions..." Really... my son is 6.

I agree about crowded places.. in my last trip to DC, I went to Rasika's which had really good Indian food and I couldn't even get in, so I ended up eating at the bar. And I went to another popular place I guess.. where they made fire roasted natural veg pizzas in DC. There were people standing out the door and wait was like 30 minutes.. so I just walked out. Out in CA, if a place is crowded you know it has to be good but I don't think that logic follows in the DC area.. Seems like even
average places are crowded.

Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate it.
Hence the point about everyone buying 10$ cupcakes when bored ��.

Seriously, people don't do anything here but work in or around the government. This is not silicon valley or NYC where people have ''stuff to do''. So yup get used to ''okay'' restaurants and bad attitudes compared to other cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,551,890 times
Course' days like today, low 70's, gentle breeze, flowers and trees starting to bloom, kids playing, and birds chirping, life is anything but stressful in Northern Virginia. "Work" is a 4 letter word for a reason ya' know...

Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
too many people out there doing all kinds of crap, too crowded, much rather just stay home where it's quiet and peaceful

Old 03-17-2012, 02:44 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Today's stressful decisions:

1) Go to the tidal basin today since the cherry blossoms are (IMO) at their best or 2) Go next week to catch the music at the cherry blossom festival.

1) Take train into DC or 2) Drive so we can throw the bikes on the car and then cruise around the cherry trees.

Also, 1) wear green for St. Paddy's day or 2) pink for the cherry blossoms.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times
Today is absolutely gorgeous. God is smiling on Northern Virginia this month! DH and I sat in rocking chairs on our back deck for a couple hours this afternoon, acting like we were 50 years older than we actually are

Least stressful day possible

Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
RE: Lower stress, I think it's helpful if you happen to live in the same (end of the) county that you work and can score an average commute of a half hour or less. Of course, that is much easier said than done for many.

My palate is too bland to discern style from substance but while DC may not be among the top 5 restaurant towns in the country, it seems to be steadily increasing its options. There are even interesting options spread out across NOVA if you know where to look. (Perhaps start with Washingtonian Magazine's restaurant issue.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia