U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,983,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
Bring in an inspection paper to get a renewal and eliminate the waste.
That's how it works with emissions. Don't know why they can't do same with safety. Perhaps because safety inspections don't get entered into a system right away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM

10,829 posts, read 26,305,007 times
The enforcement area referenced in this thread is in the City of Fairfax, which is a separate, and much smaller police force, than Fairfax County. And, this enforcement area is not new, and has been used for quite a few years.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-18-2012, 02:45 PM

236 posts, read 407,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
The enforcement area referenced in this thread is in the City of Fairfax, which is a separate, and much smaller police force, than Fairfax County. And, this enforcement area is not new, and has been used for quite a few years.
but it is wrong... insidious and treacherous and just plain silly. They need to go find how that boy got stabbed and how women are still being raped right behind the courthouse pretty much!

end of story... I do not welcome you to participate in my conversation, but you may observe.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
That's how it works with emissions. Don't know why they can't do same with safety. Perhaps because safety inspections don't get entered into a system right away?
don't give them any bright ideas... in Maryland your vehicle is inspected at the time of purchase or sale.

this topic is designed to expose how officers in NoVa are not doing their job, but more so just trying to make a buck for the cities.

not mentioning I pay their salaries~

Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I think sticker enforcement is a great use of manpower....because they run across all sorts of serious stuff in the process.

Remember, Tim McVeigh got caught because of a dead plate.
their actions apparently did not thwart a crime or save lives, it must have been after the fact correct?

and this is the fine balance of privacy Vs paranoia, Everyone who is not in a uniform is not McVeigh or a domestic terrorist.

I have a feeling just as the police created their own monster, the "Cop Killer" they will create their next new rival the news is telling everyone about, the "Domestic Terrorist"

cause and effect, no one seems to look at it that way ever... the cause is the need to fight terrorism at home when in fact it creates it.

the media play a huge role in this, more so than the populous understands imo... the more that it is reported on the news the more frequent it is going to happen, I guess we haven't learned this from Columbie and considering the last and only school shooting of this nature was in the 50's, except for those Americans that were killed via our own at Kent State.

the media sells it and you live the role ~Ozzy Osbourne

Last edited by Cosmic Artifact; 03-18-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 PM

5,066 posts, read 5,323,996 times
I thought Fairfax County eliminated county stickers in 2006. Did they bring them back?

Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 PM

5,735 posts, read 8,923,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Artifact View Post
their actions apparently did not thwart a crime or save lives, it must have been after the fact correct?
How do you know it didn't save lives? The guy had just murdered all those people; good chance that if he'd gotten away with it, he might've done it again. And besides, it's a great thing they caught him so that he could face justice for what he did.

People complaining about the stickers are such whiners. If you don't want to get nailed for not having a sticker, it's real easy to make sure that doesn't happen: Get the sticker. You want a reminder? How about the reminder RIGHT THERE ON YOUR CAR?

I'm just about the biggest civil-liberties liberal there is, but I'm all for cops nailing people who are breaking the law. Bring on the cops, bring on the cameras; the Constitution doesn't guarantee your right to be a scofflaw.

Last edited by Carlingtonian; 03-18-2012 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,846,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I thought Fairfax County eliminated county stickers in 2006. Did they bring them back?

No. They've started charging for them again, but no sticker is issued.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:34 PM

5,066 posts, read 5,323,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
No. They've started charging for them again, but no sticker is issued.
I'm having a dense moment here.

How can they ticket you for not having a sticker when the county doesn't even issue them?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I'm having a dense moment here.

How can they ticket you for not having a sticker when the county doesn't even issue them?
they are there, it doesn't matter what stickers you are required to have or not actually... they are checking inspections, when ffx had county stickers they hit for those too.

their job will be made easier when license plate get the ability to be scanned as you are driving by. It's where were headed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia