Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM

531 posts, read 1,424,579 times

Advertisements

How bad is the airplane noise in Brambleton? Part of the community is in the airport noise buffer zone. I heard that the big jets head off to Europe at 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM in groups. some people said that they had to pause their conversation or TV at that time because of the loud noise. Others said that they barely noticed the noise. A few folks even said that their houses were shaken by the vibration.

A close-by new community is Willowsford. It looks like a very beautiful development. The lots are bigger than those in Brambleton, starting at 0.25 acre and going up to 2+ acres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,294,776 times
I am just north of Legacy Park, west of Belmont Ridge Road. I rarely notice plane noises inside my house; the noisiest time is early evening (5-ish) with international take-offs. Here is a recent discussion about the noise, and how it varies within different parts of the neighborhood.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 PM

477 posts, read 734,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The cool thing about brambleton is that I have a great view of the mountains to the west, but you can also see the Reston skyline to the east. Parts of the community is on a hill ( especially the water tower area) so the view is incredible.
What community is this that has mountain views?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,163,250 times
Wait, the bus is only $3 each way? Shoot, I'd NEVER drive my car to work if that were the case!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM

126 posts, read 188,557 times
Toll Brothers Loudoun Valley is also a best choice. You might want to look at it.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRider View Post
What community is this that has mountain views?
You really can't see the sun setting into the mountains? I have a lovely view of it from my porch

Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
You really can't see the sun setting into the mountains? I have a lovely view of it from my porch
I can't see the mountains because I don't live in Brambleton yet

What community are you talking about?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,521,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rome99 View Post
Toll Brothers Loudoun Valley is also a best choice. You might want to look at it.
My only problem with that development is that it's massive, and you pay a premium for the "toll brothers" badge, when really the folks swinging the hammers and making sure the nails aren't missing the studs, are the same folks who probably built many of the other neighborhoods in the surrounding area for the past decade. When we were looking, we didn't care for how tightly packed the houses placed to each other (those within our price range though of course). We were just under the $600k ceiling in price range. Seemed to me that to get a little elbow room and avoid all of your windows lining up exactly to your neighbor's windows 15 feet away, you had to be north of $650k.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM

My wife's co-worker lives in Loudoun valley. One complaint I hear is, there is no neighborhood feel yet. You don't see many people walking in the evenings probably it is still being occupied.

I think I would like to stick around Belmont ridge road vicinity.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM

110 posts, read 291,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuster View Post
The real question, for people who work in Tyson's Corner, is just how painful is that commute every day? That it costs a lot and that the cost will increase is well known... the cost in daily time and aggravation is less well understood.
As a previous poster said, the commute on "most" days isnt that painful as long as you still to the Dulles Greenway and then onto the toll road. Keep in mind that using the Greenway you'll be paying for this expedited luxury. I take 28 to the toll road in the morning and most days I am in my office in Tyson's in less than 45 mins. I take the toll road to the Greenway when I leave- easy 25-30 commute.

Are you familiar with Tysons? There is a lot of construction and it can back up in places. Be prepared for that. I work fairly close to the mall and have to leave early during the holiday rush or I wont make it out of Tyson's in less than 30 mins. It's ridiculous. I also try to leave early if it is heavy rain. But, I have to be to Ashburn before 6:00 pm to pick up my son.

If you are flexible there is a Tyson's express bus that runs as well. Much cheaper than paying the Greenway tolls. Loudoun County, VA - Official Website - Tysons Express Bus Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia