U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:26 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,659,084 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm missing it in the linked website, but what is the schedule for this bus? Also, what are the drop-off points in Tysons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM

110 posts, read 254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Maybe I'm missing it in the linked website, but what is the schedule for this bus? Also, what are the drop-off points in Tysons?
click on the link and then on the left hand side. I think it reads schedules and maps. If not, this will take you to it:

Loudoun County, VA - Official Website - Schedules & Maps

Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM

531 posts, read 1,205,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
I am just north of Legacy Park, west of Belmont Ridge Road. I rarely notice plane noises inside my house; the noisiest time is early evening (5-ish) with international take-offs. Here is a recent discussion about the noise, and how it varies within different parts of the neighborhood.
Thanks a lot.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 AM

2,842 posts, read 1,436,205 times
I hear airplane nosie sometimes. But it really doesn't effect you as you'd think it would.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM

4,487 posts, read 4,357,042 times
In addition to Brambleton I would also consider Broadlands & Ashburn Farm. I live in Broadlands and there a quite a few homes for sale here. I believe there is a home the bank foreclosed on very close to me that may be had for a steal. But I don't know the status of the home other than it's vacant and less than 5 years old. PM me and I'll let you know what street it's on. A real estate agent may be able to shed some light on the home.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM

114 posts, read 134,692 times
yeah, their premium is high. Check the google map satellite view of loudoun valley, it looks like lot of roads will be connected to each other in the future. Westwind Farms dr (Westwind Farms apartments next to 267 toll road) on Loudoun Country pkwy might connect to Loudoun Reserve and Loudoun Reserve might connect to Craigton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
My only problem with that development is that it's massive, and you pay a premium for the "toll brothers" badge, when really the folks swinging the hammers and making sure the nails aren't missing the studs, are the same folks who probably built many of the other neighborhoods in the surrounding area for the past decade. When we were looking, we didn't care for how tightly packed the houses placed to each other (those within our price range though of course). We were just under the $600k ceiling in price range. Seemed to me that to get a little elbow room and avoid all of your windows lining up exactly to your neighbor's windows 15 feet away, you had to be north of $650k.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 PM

477 posts, read 657,900 times
I did not visit any of the bookmarked properties or communities yet due to some unavoidable work.

We are all set to drive this Saturday through some of the communities between the tangent of Ryan road and Belmont Ridge rd.

I came across couple of new communities, Alexanders chase Phase II (upper 550s) and Moreland estates (upper 650s)

The community at Moreland estates looks very small and it is right off the reservoir (MORELAND POINT Ct, ASHBURN, VA 20148)

Anyone know or heard about this community or builder (looks like CarrHomes)?

Now, probably a silly question, is flooding a risk when you live couple of hundred yards close to the reservoir?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM

2,214 posts, read 1,838,406 times
I don't know much about Moreland, but know where it is. I wouldn't worry about flood risk there though, as it's on a pretty steep slope down to the water. Seems quite nice from the road as I pass it on Belmont. I haven't been into the neighborhood though. My only comment of concern on that one is Belmont Ridge road itself. That's the only in/out road to the neighborhood, and it gets quite busy during the day. There isn't a light at the entrance, and I've seen folks have to dart out quick to get on the road, especially turning left. I'd also ask what's going on with the neighborhood to its north (you'll see it when you get off the toll road). It's a Lennar project that hasn't broken ground on a single site, but have been advertising for at least a year. I heard a rumor they're having issues with the county. Given the length of time the developer has had to carry the lots, I might question the plan and make sure it's still on course to conform to the surrounding areas. Last thing you really want is a $600k home when the neighborhood next to you might have to dump on quality to sell out stay profitable? Also, if you have little ones...well, easy access to the water might be of concern to think about.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM

477 posts, read 657,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
I don't know much about Moreland, but know where it is. I wouldn't worry about flood risk there though, as it's on a pretty steep slope down to the water. Seems quite nice from the road as I pass it on Belmont. I haven't been into the neighborhood though. My only comment of concern on that one is Belmont Ridge road itself. That's the only in/out road to the neighborhood, and it gets quite busy during the day. There isn't a light at the entrance, and I've seen folks have to dart out quick to get on the road, especially turning left. I'd also ask what's going on with the neighborhood to its north (you'll see it when you get off the toll road). It's a Lennar project that hasn't broken ground on a single site, but have been advertising for at least a year. I heard a rumor they're having issues with the county. Given the length of time the developer has had to carry the lots, I might question the plan and make sure it's still on course to conform to the surrounding areas. Last thing you really want is a $600k home when the neighborhood next to you might have to dump on quality to sell out stay profitable? Also, if you have little ones...well, easy access to the water might be of concern to think about.
Thanks NC, for the insightful comments !!

I will drive around that area this weekend and checkout. I heard about Lennar homes (I think they call it The Preserve at Goose Creek) but never knew about problems with the county. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM

2,214 posts, read 1,838,406 times
It's just a rumor I had heard from our GC. I went by Moreland this morning "went Belmont to toll road". I think you'll be impressed! Looks very nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia