U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 PM

221 posts, read 242,048 times

Advertisements

everywhere, only nats fans are bored tourist looking for something to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM

3,383 posts, read 3,011,718 times
people just don't want to be around philadelphia sports fans, they are the worst fans in the history of sports. They would boo Santa Claus for christs sake. The only other fans that would come close are oakland raider fans

Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,866,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
But don't you think that's the point? They want people to get caught up in the hype and buy more tickets. It's a good marketing ploy, it obviously worked on you.
Not sure I understand? The Nationals' marketing ploy is to sell as may tickets as possible to Philllies fans??? Phillies fans have bought most of the tickets for the last four years. If some sort of promotional or marketing money is going to attract more, maybe the Phillies should get a cut of the profits!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM

5,930 posts, read 6,226,297 times
Go Phils!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,126,047 times
Phillies fans do take over the Nats Stadium when the Phillies play here. Yankees and Red Sox fans do the same to Camden Yards when their teams play the Orioles. To the OP, you'll definitely be in the majority no matter where you sit. As for the tickets that were sold only to residents of DC/MD/VA, many of said residents saw it as an excellent opportunity to buy the tickets and make a little profit re-selling to Phillies fans, who are looking forward to the challenge of getting in despite the attempt to block them . (I did not avail myself of this opportunity but know others who did .)

This will change when/if the Nationals improve. It may be hard to envision now but hopefully someday just as many Nats fans will be taking road trips to their rival stadiums .

Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 AM

2,784 posts, read 4,449,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
people just don't want to be around philadelphia sports fans, they are the worst fans in the history of sports. They would boo Santa Claus for christs sake. The only other fans that would come close are oakland raider fans
Thank you for living off of something that happened in 1968.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:19 AM

7,856 posts, read 5,276,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Not sure I understand? The Nationals' marketing ploy is to sell as may tickets as possible to Philllies fans??? Phillies fans have bought most of the tickets for the last four years. If some sort of promotional or marketing money is going to attract more, maybe the Phillies should get a cut of the profits!
The point is to sell tickets period. At the end of the day, they are a business so if they can find a way to draw more people to the games then it's a win for them. I'm sure they would prefer Nats fans, but as a business I'm also sure they aren't going to complain about you spending your money for this cause.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 AM

112 posts, read 114,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metclubin View Post
I'm planning to go for Phillies@Nationals in May. I was wondering where do Phillies fans seat in the stadium? I'm a Phillies fan and would like to be around Phillies fans. Are they all over the place scattered or limited to certain sections?
You'll be able to find most of the Phillies fans at the DC jail, which is where many of them end up after drinking too much and puking on little girls.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 AM

1,759 posts, read 984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalGuy61 View Post
You'll be able to find most of the Phillies fans at the DC jail, which is where many of them end up after drinking too much and puking on little girls.
Oh good, are we basing the behavior of a whole group of people on what one guy did 2 years ago?
I didn't think that was allowed; I could be wrong.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:23 AM

112 posts, read 114,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Oh good, are we basing the behavior of a whole group of people on what one guy did 2 years ago?
I didn't think that was allowed; I could be wrong.
Let's face it, Philadelphia fans (of all sports, not just the Phillies), by and large, are Neanderthals. They have a well-deserved reputation of boorishness, violence, and inability to handle their alcohol. Are they all like that? Of course not. On the whole, however, that is what they bring when they impose themselves en masse on other teams' stadiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia