Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM

173 posts, read 497,507 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to go for Phillies@Nationals in May. I was wondering where do Phillies fans seat in the stadium? I'm a Phillies fan and would like to be around Phillies fans. Are they all over the place scattered or limited to certain sections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 11:22 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Fans of opposing teams are typically scattered throughout the park. There really aren't any sections devoted to home and away fans.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times
Phillies Fans Threaten to Occupy Nationals Park

Sounds like there'll be Phillies fans everywhere.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metclubin View Post
I'm planning to go for Phillies@Nationals in May. I was wondering where do Phillies fans seat in the stadium? I'm a Phillies fan and would like to be around Phillies fans. Are they all over the place scattered or limited to certain sections?
Hopefully they are sitting outside the stadium and can't get in. And I don't care if you don't like my Natitude! Yeah!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
As a Phillies fan, I've seen them many times at Nationals Stadium. I ASSURE you, you'll be surrounded. Two years ago, when Roy Halladay pitched his first game for the Phillies at Opening Day at Nationals Staduim, the ratio was approximately 70% Philles/ 30% Nationals. I am not joking.

For those that don't like the influx of opposing fans (pgtitans), this will change as the team starts to win. I used to see Flyers/ Caps games, where there were more Flyers fans; but this has changed over the last 4-5 years. Redskins/ Eagles is usually about 50/50.

Ironically, Redskins/ Eagles games in Philly have (at most) 5% Redskins fans. Do DC fans not care to travel to suppor tthier teams?

Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
As a Phillies fan, I've seen them many times at Nationals Stadium. I ASSURE you, you'll be surrounded.
Agreed.
And when you're charging two dollars per ticket (as our family got last summer), we Phillies fans can't lose either way.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 PM

173 posts, read 497,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Agreed.
And when you're charging two dollars per ticket (as our family got last summer), we Phillies fans can't lose either way.
How do you get tickets so cheap? Did you buy very close to the game day? I looked at stubhub for Sat May 5 game and the cheapest I see is $37 in the top most sections in the outfield. Since we are going with our 15 month old, I was looking where there will be shade for the most part, around 1B and 3B.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM

53 posts, read 68,087 times
Another Phillies fan here. I have been to Phillies-Nationals games where the percentage of Phillies fans was likely much higher than 80%. I wish I had taped it, but on the Green Line to a game last summer, the entire train was packed with nothing but Phillies fans. Then 3 people tried to get on the train wearing Nationals gear. The entire train started screaming at them. I felt like I was back in Philly.

I personally think it is hilarious that the Nationals think that they can try to stop the mob of Phillies fans from descending upon Citizens Bank Par-South/Nationals Park with this ridiculous ticket scheme limiting initial purchases to people with addresses within the DC metro area. I bought as many tickets as I could and gave them to other Phillies fans. Can't wait to see the showing at "Take Back the Park" day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
As a Phillies fan, I've seen them many times at Nationals Stadium. I ASSURE you, you'll be surrounded. Two years ago, when Roy Halladay pitched his first game for the Phillies at Opening Day at Nationals Staduim, the ratio was approximately 70% Philles/ 30% Nationals. I am not joking.

For those that don't like the influx of opposing fans (pgtitans), this will change as the team starts to win. I used to see Flyers/ Caps games, where there were more Flyers fans; but this has changed over the last 4-5 years. Redskins/ Eagles is usually about 50/50.

Ironically, Redskins/ Eagles games in Philly have (at most) 5% Redskins fans. Do DC fans not care to travel to suppor tthier teams?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUinNoVa View Post
Another Phillies fan here. I have been to Phillies-Nationals games where the percentage of Phillies fans was likely much higher than 80%. I wish I had taped it, but on the Green Line to a game last summer, the entire train was packed with nothing but Phillies fans. Then 3 people tried to get on the train wearing Nationals gear. The entire train started screaming at them. I felt like I was back in Philly.

I personally think it is hilarious that the Nationals think that they can try to stop the mob of Phillies fans from descending upon Citizens Bank Par-South/Nationals Park with this ridiculous ticket scheme limiting initial purchases to people with addresses within the DC metro area. I bought as many tickets as I could and gave them to other Phillies fans. Can't wait to see the showing at "Take Back the Park" day.
But don't you think that's the point? They want people to get caught up in the hype and buy more tickets. It's a good marketing ploy, it obviously worked on you.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metclubin View Post
How do you get tickets so cheap? Did you buy very close to the game day?
I'm pretty sure it was a week or two away from the game.
We just attributed it to the Nats needing to fill the seat with someone, anyone, that they were
practically giving away the tickets.

(This means no disrespect to the Nats, as they are the local team and -- while I am not
originally from this area -- I respect my "host" town/city.
No insult meant at all.)

For what it's worth, the game we went to was in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia