Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 AM

95 posts, read 421,329 times

Advertisements

I have a very bad pollen allergy season, and my eyes are as red as a traffic light.

I tried allegra,zyrtec,Singular and none of them work. I am taking shots this year, but the doc said i will only see improvement next year, if any.

Couple of my friends advised to try locally produced honey. Where can I get them ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,446 times
Here:

Smart Markets, Inc. ? Farmers' Markets for Northern Virginia

There is one that is in Bristow and I have gone to that one and gotten local honey. Just ask for it because they have several.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM

awesome. thanks

Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,612,649 times
I recently bought Buckwheat Honey from Wegmans in Gainesville that is produced in Berryville. They carry it in the organic section. It was pretty cheap for a big bottle. You might want to try that.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:59 PM

69 posts, read 220,788 times
Giant on Linton Hall carries local honey too.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 PM

154 posts, read 374,196 times
I am normally very skeptical (actually more than very skeptical) of these sorts of claims. But about 4 or 5 years ago I decided to try dosing myself with local honey to see if it would alleviate my spring allergies. I found a local beekeeper here in Centreville and in late winter I started daily doses of honey - from early March through end of May.

It's certainly not a cure for me. But I have had noticeably milder spring allergy symptoms since I have been doing this. I think it is worth the effort to find local honey and give it a try.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:55 PM

628 posts, read 1,933,844 times
You'll sometimes find local honey and pollen sold at farmers' markets. One vendor regularly is at the Wakefield market in N. Springfield, and if I recall correctly she touts the edible pollen as the allergy treatment. I believe most markets in NoVa begin in early May.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgatedenizen View Post
I am normally very skeptical (actually more than very skeptical) of these sorts of claims. But about 4 or 5 years ago I decided to try dosing myself with local honey to see if it would alleviate my spring allergies. I found a local beekeeper here in Centreville and in late winter I started daily doses of honey - from early March through end of May.

It's certainly not a cure for me. But I have had noticeably milder spring allergy symptoms since I have been doing this. I think it is worth the effort to find local honey and give it a try.
Me too. My allergies are usually killing me at this time of year. Well - they are killing everyone else but me! Sure, I am having allergies, some itchy eyes, itchy nose....but nothing like I normally have and nothing like everyone is complaining about. The only thing I've done different is take the honey.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 AM

thanks all, will check out Wegmans today. Farmers market (Devlin Rd), were sold out last week.

Guess its in high demand, this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia