Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 PM

721 posts, read 1,203,343 times

Advertisements

We'll move to Alexandria in order to be close to work (Arlington, VA, and DC).

Since we have a car, the apartment doesn't have to be close to a Metro station, as we can drive to the Metro station, assuming there is parking near the Metro station).

We'd like to find a 1BR apartment. Ideally it is modern, quiet, in good condition, and in a well-managed building. The price range between $1200-$2000.

Please advise on what apartment buildings meet these criteria! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,715,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
Since we have a car, the apartment doesn't have to be close to a Metro station, as we can drive to the Metro station, assuming there is parking near the Metro station).
Um -- not so much. At least not in the City of Alexandria, where there is short-term parking only near Braddock and King St Metro stations. There is parking at Van Dorn and Huntington stations, but those stations may be going in the opposite direction from your work. There are Metro bus routes that may work for you, however, as many of them stop at Metro stations (including but not limited to the Pentagon).

Parking at Metrorail Stations

Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 PM

I went to Alexandria today to see some apartments at 3001 Park Center Apartments. They didn't meet our standards, because the condition of the apartments was not good, and also there were maybe at least 10 gigantic building complexes nearby that blocked the view.

Just wonder where I can find nice apartments in Alexandria. They don't have to be near any Metro station, if they are on bus routes.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:12 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,598,600 times
I used to live at Foxchase. They were well managed I thought and a decent value for the area.

Foxchase Apartments | Alexandria, VA | Home

Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 AM

26,688 posts, read 41,593,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
I used to live at Foxchase. They were well managed I thought and a decent value for the area.

Foxchase Apartments | Alexandria, VA | Home
I'd throw in the whole West End and Landmark area for consideration as well. You may find some nice privately-owned rentals that are a better value than most apt complexes on homesdatabase.com.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'd throw in the whole West End and Landmark area for consideration as well. You may find some nice privately-owned rentals that are a better value than most apt complexes on homesdatabase.com.
Thanks for the input! I'll check out apartments at West End and Landmark area.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:58 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,096,513 times
Even the better 1BR apartments in the city can be found for just under $2000 (not necessarily including utilities or parking) so you are in luck!

Newer luxury apartments can be found in the Carlyle/Patent and Trademark Office area just west of Old Town and walking distance from both the Eisenhower Ave. and King St. Metro stations. I don't remember the names of the buildings off the top of my head, though. Outside of business hours, the Carlyle area is pretty quiet which will be an advantage for you.
Not unlike 3001 Park Center, there may be other buildings competing for your view of charming Old Town and the waterfront. But you can't do much better in Alexandria for a convenient commute in an upscale area.

Also, per The Dissenter's suggestion, the condos closer to the Old Town waterfront often have units available for rent.

Last edited by FindingZen; 04-08-2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old 04-08-2012, 11:17 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,303,718 times
I think you might like the conditions in Old Town more so than the surrounding area, but as Tone509 says, alot of these will need to be rented from owner as opposed to an apartment complex format.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,598,600 times
I actually may be headed back myself in August. I usually stay in the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, but I'm reconsidering Alexandria as it seems there is better value there. I need to be close to the metro though, and as my stop is Foggy Bottom, I prefer something closer in.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Newer luxury apartments can be found in the Carlyle/Patent and Trademark Office area just west of Old Town and walking distance from both the Eisenhower Ave. and King St. Metro stations. I don't remember the names of the buildings off the top of my head, though. Outside of business hours, the Carlyle area is pretty quiet which will be an advantage for you.
Not unlike 3001 Park Center, there may be other buildings competing for your view of charming Old Town and the waterfront. But you can't do much better in Alexandria for a convenient commute in an upscale area.

Also, per The Dissenter's suggestion, the condos closer to the Old Town waterfront often have units available for rent.
Thanks for the suggestions! This is sufficient information for me to do my research on apartments in Alexandria, VA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia