Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 06:10 AM

37 posts, read 33,713 times

Advertisements

I powerwash mine every few years and then put two coats of a solid color stain. The clear stain doesn't hold up well. The powerwashing will result in lots of sawdust and removed splinters. I have considered Deck Helmet and may go that route at some point but It does seem expensive and you never know when the supports will fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 13,789 times
This is my third entry about Deck Helmet. I had them treat my deck in Nov 2012. The workmanship was so-so, but overall the deck looked good. I was concerned about the 10 year warranty. When my deck started peeling earlier this year (6 years into the 10 year warranty period), I contacted them and sent pictures. Their response was "Your 10 year manufacture warranty has been approved. This covers the cost of the coating needed for your project but does not cover the labor to apply coating or any board replacement." They offered to provide the labor but the charge would have been exactly the same as the total cost for the initial treatment.

Bottom line - the 10 year warranty is meaningless. You can buy the paint at Home Depot. It is a Behr product.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 351 times
Default Deck Helmet is horrible

We are having the exact same problem that everyone else has on this review thrad the paint is peeling and there is no response from Deck Helmet.

FALSE ADVERTISING!

Old 11-24-2018, 09:24 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I'd pull up a board, turn it over and reattach it. Then do the next one ...until you're done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia