Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 PM

4 posts, read 4,048 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the criticism guys. I am far from the perfect driver myself. I made the video to entertain myself and learn how to do basic video editing. My intentions are not to harass anyone, this is just the type of stuff I see the daily. I know most of my footage is G rated, again this is just what I've compiled in a few weeks or so. I hope to get more entertaining clips in the near future (have a few already)

Camera is a Kodak ZX5, I'm also using a Delkin mini gecko windshield mount. I picked up the camera at bestbuy for $99, and I think it's still that price, or you can get it at Amazon.

Again thanks for watching and the feedback. I don't actually drive that much myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM

6 posts, read 9,171 times
Cool video; thanks for sharing. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I have the necessary stuff.

But I am wondering why you felt it necessary to block the license tags? And what editing software had that feature?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,378 times
I've been to various place and I've come to the conclusion that this country is full of bad drivers. Most of it is the lack of discipline and impatience of people. Some do fall on poor road design such as the same intersection you keep going through. For someone not familiar of that area, it can be confusing. The signs doesn't tell you what lane you're suppose to be in or both lanes are used for turning. A 25 mph speed limit can't compensate for a poorly designed interchange.

I don't blame the action of the Infiniti. The driver likely had no idea that you had to get into the left turning lane to keep straight.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,267 times
The video looked sped up. I half expected to hear Yakity Sax (the Benny Hill music for those not in the know).

Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942 View Post
Cool video; thanks for sharing. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I have the necessary stuff.

But I am wondering why you felt it necessary to block the license tags? And what editing software had that feature?
I blocked them out of courtesy and because I wanted to learn how to do it. But I've learned if you're making a profit off the video (which I am not) they may have a longshot case.

I used Sony Vegas 11 for software. Blocking the plates takes up the most time during editing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia