U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,537 times
Default Contemporary/Modern Furniture Stores

in/around DMV?

Looking for a nice sofa/sofa sectional batting around the 2500$ limit. Yes, should be somewhat easy to find but new to the area, have not found anything striking at the following stores:

zGallerie
BoConcepts
Home Goods
Haverty's @ Dulles Town Center

and though Ikea has some pieces to fill the home, I don't think want to go that route.

In the Vienna area but willing to travel around. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM

3,726 posts, read 2,568,758 times
Spend an afternoon at the shops in Georgetown...

Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 PM

469 posts, read 499,993 times
(1) BIF Furniture -- Lee Highway in Fairfax (been quite a while since I've been there; call to make sure it's still there!)

(2) Crate & Barrel

(3) Some places in D.C.: Mitchell Gold furniture (might be pricier than you want), Room & Board (love what I've gotten there!), CB2 in Georgetown (an offshoot of Crate & Barrel).

(4) Bova Furniture in Beltsville (in the area of the College Park Ikea).

Before some of these furniture stores opened, and I was looking for contemporary stuff, I actually went to Richmond -- found what I wanted at a store called LaDifference. So if you think you want to take a day trip (or weekender) to see what Richmond's all about ... (Careytown is a cute area of shops/restaurants to walk around.)

Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM

9,305 posts, read 15,222,254 times
BiF is istill in Fairfax.

In addition to some of the others mentioned, there's also Design Within Reach in Bethesda and Georgetown, Theodore's on Wisconsin Avenue, Anora Home on Wisconsin Avenue in Friendship Heights, and Vastu on 14th Street.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 AM

2,594 posts, read 2,232,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIBTwo View Post
in/around DMV?

Looking for a nice sofa/sofa sectional batting around the 2500$ limit. Yes, should be somewhat easy to find but new to the area, have not found anything striking at the following stores:

zGallerie
BoConcepts
Home Goods

and though Ikea has some pieces to fill the home, I don't think want to go that route.

In the Vienna area but willing to travel around. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Try CB2 - very modern and affordable furniture. Can't remember if there is a store around here, but it's the sister company to Crate and Barrel and has a catalog and online site you can order from.

Crate and Barrel also good, and might have something in that price range. Got my sofa from there and have been happy with it.

Also, Pottery Barn - not as modern, though.

West Elm - very modern, has at least one store in this area.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 AM

18,717 posts, read 14,699,415 times
I'm a fan of Greenfront, but I'm not sure they're still around. Anyone know? You might also find some answers in these threads:

Furniture shopping in Northern Virgnia
Furniture shipping company
Arhaus furniture: feedback?
Mid-Priced Furniture
Furniture store recommendations
Furniture rental recommendations
Cheap Furniture Fairfax county
custom furniture / cabinet markets
Furniture Advice
Marlo Furnitures: Are they any good ?
Green Front Furniture Stores
Furniture Store Recommendations?
Furniture from Costco - Good or Bad?
Good Furniture Stores in Area
Furniture Stores?

Also, Wolf Furniture i about to open in Leesburg.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM

341 posts, read 231,434 times
Modern Montage - authentic mid century modern

Home | Arhaus Furniture - kind of an eclectic mix, but some nice modern clean lined pieces

I've been to Greenfront out by Manassas. Way overpriced. If you are buying new furniture, you would have great luck in NC. Furnitureland South was great, and there is also a Thomasville sample center in NC too. I picked up some unique pieces there.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 AM

341 posts, read 231,434 times
Default More info...

zGallerie
BoConcepts
Home Goods

Haverty's - not the greatest quality, and Home Goods, unh unh

Have you looked at Macy's in Fairfax? Some of their furniture is nice, and the sectionals would run you about $2200-$2800, I believe.

Do you have your room all measured out for placement? I also take a tape measure with me so you can decide about placement for your room.

You might want to check Lazy Boy furniture stores as well. My neighbor got a nice sectional for her basement there. It does not recline - you can specify - it's very comfy and clean lines.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM

198 posts, read 168,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I'm a fan of Greenfront, but I'm not sure they're still around. Anyone know?
My officemate just bought new furniture from Green Front in Manassas within the past few weeks, so they are still around.

I didn't read all of the other threads posted, but Belfort is a good sized furniture store and also has a more moderately priced selection in their building across the street from the main facility (can't remember what they call it). There's a section of the warehouse in that building that has deeply discounted items (close-outs, slightly damaged, etc) as well. On the right day, one might be able to find a good deal there. (This doesn't necessarily address the "contemporary/modern" request, though...)

Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM

18,717 posts, read 14,699,415 times
I'm a fan of Belfort, too. Good suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia