U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2012, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Tysons Corner
2,772 posts, read 3,635,605 times
Reputation: 1495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I'm curious about their "policies". Other than being closed on Sundays...?
Ehhhhhh, this is gonna get testy.

If you want to know more go to wiki Chick-fil-A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Summary, there have been a handful of wrongful termination suits based on race/religion against them (though I am always questionable about people being fired because i know how often people just don't do good jobs at a fast food place... so of course they might lie to get back for being fired).

More importantly they send a lot of money to groups that have a clear anti-gay rights message and support PFI which was Santorums little bigot-fest institution back before the state of pennsylvania told him to shove off (NOW HE"S OUR LOBBYING NEIGHBOR WOOO!)

Sorry, to each their own I suppose, I just hate when people use money clout, like Chick Fil A is, to proactively attack the rights of other people. If you dont believe in it, then YOU dont do something... but dont force other people to believe or regulate those same beliefs through heavy funding. Im sure some conservatives will disagree and say that CFA is fighting the good fight... but that really is the face of hypocracy for most republicans who believe that government should have less of an impact in our lives... seeing as the decision as to WHO you are allowed to marry is the central #1 biggest decision we are allowed to make in our lives, and is one of the major reasons we left behind the old world.

Why not just re-enact jus primae noctis while we are at it... that's REALLLLLLY conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
 
1,824 posts, read 2,578,736 times
Reputation: 1778
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Similar? Yes
Better? Yes
Twice as expensive? Also, yes
Hmmm, maybe that's why I've never eaten at the one at the mall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Same here...what's the big deal?

I've never actually set foot in a Chick-Fil-A, but they apparently have a deal with FCPS....those chicken sammiches are sold at every high school sporting event I have ever been to, and that's many, many, many.
I don't know about FCPS but I do know that they have a good deal on them for any organization that does snack bars. Groups can make decent money on them. I use to see them at a lot of swim meets in the summer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 PM
 
4,711 posts, read 10,848,240 times
Reputation: 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by choff5 View Post
I don't know about FCPS but I do know that they have a good deal on them for any organization that does snack bars. Groups can make decent money on them. I use to see them at a lot of swim meets in the summer too.
Oh okay, that makes sense. They have a deal with the Booster Clubs, not FCPS. This is good...because the Boosters pay for a lot of athletic things, including transportation to games. So, I'm sort of supporting myself when I buy a chicken sammich from 'em! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: DMV
10,136 posts, read 11,598,108 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Ehhhhhh, this is gonna get testy.

If you want to know more go to wiki Chick-fil-A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Summary, there have been a handful of wrongful termination suits based on race/religion against them (though I am always questionable about people being fired because i know how often people just don't do good jobs at a fast food place... so of course they might lie to get back for being fired).

More importantly they send a lot of money to groups that have a clear anti-gay rights message and support PFI which was Santorums little bigot-fest institution back before the state of pennsylvania told him to shove off (NOW HE"S OUR LOBBYING NEIGHBOR WOOO!)

Sorry, to each their own I suppose, I just hate when people use money clout, like Chick Fil A is, to proactively attack the rights of other people. If you dont believe in it, then YOU dont do something... but dont force other people to believe or regulate those same beliefs through heavy funding. Im sure some conservatives will disagree and say that CFA is fighting the good fight... but that really is the face of hypocracy for most republicans who believe that government should have less of an impact in our lives... seeing as the decision as to WHO you are allowed to marry is the central #1 biggest decision we are allowed to make in our lives, and is one of the major reasons we left behind the old world.

Why not just re-enact jus primae noctis while we are at it... that's REALLLLLLY conservative.
I don't see how them giving money to organizations is any different than any other place like McDonald's, for example. McDonald's gets money for their Ronald McDonald charities which help kids who may be ill, that is something they are passionate about. For Chick Fil A, they are passionate about Christian principles. The problem is you have people that ironically want to impose their own beliefs on Chick Fil A. I don't hear anyone going to McDonald's and telling them how they should spend their charity money. You may disagree with their principles, but it's not like they are hiding it. Most people know what they are about. If you don't like it, why work there, why buy their food? You don't give money to churches if you don't agree with what they believe or do, so why do people want to change Chick Fil A? It's a free country, take your money elsewhere. That's what I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
 
1,220 posts, read 2,126,836 times
Reputation: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I'm curious about their "policies". Other than being closed on Sundays...?
Chick-Fil-A expects all franchisees to play an active role in their church. Chick-Fil-A's owners are devout Christians and expect all their operators to espouse (their) Christian values and be willing to participate in group prayers during training and management meetings.

Some potential owners must undergo dozens of interviews over the course of a year or more before gaining approval. Chick-Fil-A will also interview members of a potential operator's family.

You must disclose your marital status. Chick-Fil-A prefers franchise operators who are married, and requires all candidates to be open about the state of their relationship. One-third of all Chick-Fil-A operators have attended 'Christian relationship building' retreats at the urging of the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Tysons Corner
2,772 posts, read 3,635,605 times
Reputation: 1495
I could care less how they conduct their own business, thats private industry as long as they adhere to workers rights, and I commend them in trying to instill a sense of something greater than just work and money in their employees. My problem is when that goes from something internal to them, to something that they actively politically and financially support like anti-gay rights. Thats when it falls into the category of mind your own damn business, and this is when I could start throwing scripture back at them showing the hypocracy of their actions. It gives people who are faithful and good people a bad name and is adding to the reason why religion in this country as a whole is going down the drain.

Religion has nothing to do with politics. Both groups should keep them separate, when religion entangles with politics you start having a serious contradiction to the same tenants that these religious people espouse that were spoken by that "dude with long hair". When politicians incorporate actual policy with it... well I think we all know that the founders did not intend for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM
 
531 posts, read 1,203,293 times
Reputation: 282
Never been to Chick Fil A. How is it different than the other fast food restaurants? When the one in Leesburg opened last year, some people camped in front of the restaurant over night. What's so special about Chick Fil A?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2012, 04:58 AM
 
10,591 posts, read 12,061,760 times
Reputation: 6443
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
Never been to Chick Fil A. How is it different than the other fast food restaurants? When the one in Leesburg opened last year, some people camped in front of the restaurant over night. What's so special about Chick Fil A?

My sister-in-law's brother owns a franchise. They get all their chicken in fresh, bread it right before frying. All their ingredients are fresh and not preassembled and just heated up on site. People do most of the work, not machines. Most food is cooked/made as the order is made. Especially the milkshakes!! While a chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich, I do think they take a little more care and pride in their product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 AM
 
1,261 posts, read 5,603,344 times
Reputation: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My sister-in-law's brother owns a franchise. They get all their chicken in fresh, bread it right before frying. All their ingredients are fresh and not preassembled and just heated up on site. People do most of the work, not machines. Most food is cooked/made as the order is made. Especially the milkshakes!! While a chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich, I do think they take a little more care and pride in their product.
Great customer service for a fast food place. Every employee is polite and courteous. They are fast taking orders, bring the food to your table if your dining in, always clean the tables between customers, ask if you need refills or anything while you are dining in. The bathrooms and playground are kept pretty clean too. They have disposable placemats for kids and antibacterial wipes readily available. It is fast food, but they have raised the standards of what you may expect in terms of service. Since I've never encountered a rude employee, I assume that they train them well and fire anyone who shows attitude towards a customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Tysons Corner
2,772 posts, read 3,635,605 times
Reputation: 1495
Totally agree btw with the two posts above. I think the actual franchise owners are fantastic, the employees always greet you and bring your food to your table with a smile. My beef (pardon the pun) is with the CEO and high ups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top