U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 PM

427 posts, read 977,830 times

Advertisements

We need to have our house power washed and I'm having a hard time getting responses from most of the companies I've found by Googling. Anybody have a company they'd like to recommend?

Thanks! (My grungy siding thanks you, too.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM

2,185 posts, read 2,672,948 times
I've never used a contractor for power washing, but I've found www.servicemagic.com to be much more reliable than google for finding contactors.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM

621 posts, read 2,933,027 times
I used Power Wash Plus Offers State of The Art Hot Water Cleaning! and was very happy with them. They power washed my house and also did a deck restoration. It was unbelievable how the deck looked after. I know I called and got a few estimates and I believe they were in line with other companies. The only issue I had with the power washing was a little of the water made it inside the house, but I believe this to be the age of the home and the angle they were spraying which was up. It was more of the interior walls were slightly wet. But overall I was very satisfied.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,608 times
Default H2O Pressure Washing Plus

I've had my deck pressure washed every year because of the moistness and in turn mold in my backyard. Every year I was disappointed until last year and this year when I found Scott at H2O Pressure Washing Plus. His team really took the extra time to ensure the job was done correctly the first time. I'd highly recommend you call them if you don't want to feel like you're being short changed by a couple of kids with a $150 Home Depot machine. H2O Pressure Washing Plus Their contact info his on their site.

Last edited by jonesmatty; 05-18-2012 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: added website.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:36 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,658,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
I used Power Wash Plus Offers State of The Art Hot Water Cleaning! and was very happy with them. They power washed my house and also did a deck restoration. It was unbelievable how the deck looked after. I know I called and got a few estimates and I believe they were in line with other companies. The only issue I had with the power washing was a little of the water made it inside the house, but I believe this to be the age of the home and the angle they were spraying which was up. It was more of the interior walls were slightly wet. But overall I was very satisfied.
Would you mind telling what the deck restoration entailed?

Old 06-22-2012, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
Default Pressure washing company

Might be a tad late on this but I run a pressure washing company out of sterling virginia and would be happy to provide a free estimate. My specialty is roof washing but also do pretty much anything related to pressure washing including decks and siding. here is my services section if your interested: www.eastcoastpw.com/services

Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 PM

621 posts, read 2,933,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
Would you mind telling what the deck restoration entailed?
I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. Basically they power washed it, but with a super power washer. It had turned a greyish ugly color, and when they were done with it, the wood looked brand new. I couldn't believe the difference. I believe there are some pictures on their website.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:17 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,658,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjack View Post
I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. Basically they power washed it, but with a super power washer. It had turned a greyish ugly color, and when they were done with it, the wood looked brand new. I couldn't believe the difference. I believe there are some pictures on their website.
Thanks. I was wondering if they did any actual repair (loose nails, knotholes, etc.). We've got old, uneven stain that needs to come off as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia