Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM

190 posts, read 844,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
^^^ speaking of Chick-fil-A. Why are they not in Tysons?
Aren't they in the Galleria? I know they used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 PM

448 posts, read 870,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman View Post
If there is a Chick-fil A in the Galleria, then that is news to me. I don't know of one in all of Tysons

Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM

221 posts, read 438,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman View Post
No. There's 2 near Tysons in Fairfax County (one near the Korean wing place, and one off 50E) I've been to the one in Reston too.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,317,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp_fan View Post
1) Taco bell brings in a significant amount of revenue after hours (10pm-3am). The mall isn't open then.

2) People have a lot of options when it comes to Mexican food now: Chipotle, Qdoba, Baja Fresh.

3) There is a high % of middle eastern customers at Tysons, who probably don't want to eat crappy tacos or crappy beef.

4) It's an upscale mall. People with money want quality food.

5) Why go to Pizza Hut when you can go to Lucianos and Sbarro?

6) Chick-Fil-A owned KFC. People know good fried chicken now.

The list can go on and on...
As a middle easterner I concur, if I want fast food tacos I atleast go to chipotle which is right there too. Never liked KFC either way, Popeyes is far superior, KFC is soggy skinned

Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM

221 posts, read 438,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
As a middle easterner I concur, if I want fast food tacos I atleast go to chipotle which is right there too. Never liked KFC either way, Popeyes is far superior, KFC is soggy skinned
Sha-wing!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM

198 posts, read 358,246 times
I think the biggest issue was their location - many people probably don't realize they were even in the mall. Most of the food places are concentrated in the food court up by the movie theatre or in the area entering from the parking garage by California Pizza Kitchen (or the sit-down places like Coastal Flats, Gordon Biersch, etc at the other end) so it was easy to forget about these places. When I worked near there and would go to the mall for lunch sometimes, it usually didn't even cross my mind that these were options. They never appeared to be busy, even when the Subway next door had a line out the door, so I'm not surprised. Also, there is a Taco Bell nearby that didn't require mall parking.

I also wonder how the place on the second floor near L&T stays in business - a pizza joint, I think?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM

771 posts, read 1,459,422 times
I work in a building right next to the Tysons Corner mall. So people in my office, including myself, often have lunch at the mall. Taco Bell is not a popular option and was almost never busy. The most popular choices seem to be Chipotle, , Subway, Panera, Five Guys, the Asian Bistro, and Cava (which is new, but in a very poor location imo). So I can't say I'm very surprised. The last time I was there was probably two years ago and I eat at the mall almost everyday.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM

448 posts, read 870,586 times
I say that someone should put a good crepe shop in the place of the KFC/Taco Bell.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 AM

210 posts, read 417,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Lurker View Post
I think the biggest issue was their location - many people probably don't realize they were even in the mall. Most of the food places are concentrated in the food court up by the movie theatre or in the area entering from the parking garage by California Pizza Kitchen (or the sit-down places like Coastal Flats, Gordon Biersch, etc at the other end) so it was easy to forget about these places. When I worked near there and would go to the mall for lunch sometimes, it usually didn't even cross my mind that these were options. They never appeared to be busy, even when the Subway next door had a line out the door, so I'm not surprised. Also, there is a Taco Bell nearby that didn't require mall parking.

I also wonder how the place on the second floor near L&T stays in business - a pizza joint, I think?
A sit down pizza joint no less. I've been in there once and it wasn't bad. It kind of feels like going back in time when you're in there though to a 1970s/80s mall and seems a bit out of place at Tysons.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM

771 posts, read 1,459,422 times
Speaking of restaurants in the Tysons Mall, what's up with La Madeleine? Its been in construction for such a long time. I remember the signs used to say "Coming soon in Fall 2011". Well, its almost Summer 2012 and there are no signs of it opening yet.

The mall has changed so much in just five years. the two places I miss the most are the CVS and the Discovery Channel Store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia