U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 PM

4 posts, read 12,469 times

Advertisements

Hello NOVA,

I am planning on buying a condo at the watergate at landmark. I found a couple threads here about the complex but they were dated, anyone have any recent info about it and the surround areas.

Late 20 something single dad of a toddler, schools are important as well as safety. Im quite familiar with the location and it fits perfect with my needs for work, commute,

thanks in advance
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 03:58 PM

14,724 posts, read 10,616,557 times
We looked there too. Their very high HOA fees are what made us rethink it.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:06 PM

105 posts, read 161,854 times
I looked there within the past couple of months. It was the laundry list of additional fees that turned me off. For instance, don't even think about moving yourself in/out due to the hour, scheduling, and fee restrictions. Even moving down the hall in the same building has an additional fee.

I thought seriously about it and nearly made an offer.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 PM

4 posts, read 12,469 times
In my experience most high rises have set time on when you are allowed to move in/out. But yes, the condo fee is ridiculous, its just as high as the mortgage. They do have an indoor pool, gym, bunch of tennis courts etc. Guess I just have to think if all those amenities are worth it ... anyone have any opinions of the actual units. How is the sound proofing, will I smell my neighbors food, will I need to replace my hvac sooner than later giving the age of the buildings? Any comments, feedback, anything will help

Old 02-26-2014, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,770 times
Watergate has undergone a major rehab and looks a lot better. Fees are high but they include heat, elec, water, sewer and basic cable. You get great security in the community and therefore you will notice that many single women live at Watergate. Food odors do move from unjt to unit in buildings 1 & 2 because of the old type of exhaust systems in the kitchens and bathrooms. Buildings 3 & 4 don't seem to have this problem. Very quiet units unless you have neighbors with kids running the halls (which can be stopped by notifying mgmt.). Violations of proper conduct are rewarded with fines by the mgmt so this helps keep the community quiet. Amenities are excellent as are the special events the condo holds fairly regularly. HVAC is the owner's responsibility so it just depends on how old it is and whether it has been serviced regularly. The fees don't seem too much different than other condos (based on my experience in living in several condo communities over the years). The residents are of all ages and all cultures and nationalities. However, there is probably a larger percentage of seniors than in some newer condo communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or