U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 04:47 PM

448 posts, read 739,611 times

Advertisements

The Tinner Hill Blues Festival is an annual event each June in Falls Church city at Cherry Hill Park. Being from Memphis, I love the blues and have always intended to check it out, however, for one reason or another, I have not been able to attend until this year. I had a great time. It is a cozy little festival where you can eat fish and ribs, drink beer, listen to some good blues, dance a little, and just enjoy the afternoon with good friendly people (a Memphian's idea of a great time, btw)

In addition to the above, it was very educational as well when I spoke to some of the people at the booths about the history of Tinner Hill and Falls Church in general. In light of the thread on why blacks are moving to NoVa,(note: blacks have always been in NoVa) it is also very educational about the history of blacks in the Falls Church area (Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School is named in honor of an educator that was part of an active black family and the gym at Falls Church city hall is named after a black man) Being a history buff, I am always up for learning some new historical fact.

I encourage everyone to put this on your calender for next year (I definitely am). For those interested, there will be a "blues brunch and jam" at Mad Fox Brewery tomorrow morning with free music. And tomorrow afternoon there will be another session at the Open Kitchen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia