Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 8,304 times

Advertisements

We are looking to rent a newer townhouse in Fairfax - I think we prefer something off Route 29 and not too far from 66. I saw there are a few rentals available in Fair Chase built in 2005 and Wescott Ridge built in 2002 in the $2500-$2900/month range. I have looked at pictures online, but I haven't been inside any of these townhouses yet. I like the wood floors on the main level and the washer/dryer on the bedroom level features. Do any of the realtors or homeowners out there have a feeling on which would be a better location (ie, Wescott Ridge has a walking path to Wegmann's) and is closer to the city of Fairfax than Fair Chase. Also, is one a nicer community as far as amenities, people who live there, not being overcrowded? We are a married couple expecting our first child in November so I would like a place with sidewalks where we can take the baby out in the stroller. We want something in the 2K plus square footage range with a 2-car garage if possible and with a bathroom in the rec room/basement as I likely will work from home in the basement. I have communicated with a few listing realtors, but none have been overly responsive/helpful and provided any insights into the communities or pros/cons of each or any other nearby communities that would have similar age, location, etc. Maybe this is because they don't want to work with a renter. I am not sure. Anyway, any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,413,343 times
Everything along Route 29 between roughly Jermantown and 7100 is going to be shades of the same color. Fortunately, it's a very nice color. It was all born of the building of the County Government Center and has morphed into one big, pleasant, green, diverse, upscale, often walkable, still growing area that is close to scads of shopping, dining, and other such amenities, as well as to major area roads and the Metro in Vienna. Individual complexes, you will probably have to visit on your own to assess and compare against your own preferences. Nobody can make those kinds of calls for you.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM

144 posts, read 333,050 times
I don't live in the townhouses there but we do live in the new apartments (that they are still building) right there by the Wegmans. It is a great area and we love it here... bit too expensive for us and will be leaving but if you can afford it, its a great location. Its also nice cause you see the fireworks every year from the Celebrate Fairfax fair right from your front yard.

I often see lots of people walking around and strolling with their families.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM

5 posts, read 8,304 times
Thanks everyone. I have driven around the area, but I will have to get a look inside the townhouses soon.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:25 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,252,210 times
Like the other poster said, shades of the same color, but I would choose the one near Wegmans hands down. Who doesn't like to walk to many shops, restaurants and the movies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia