U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 AM

3,174 posts, read 2,774,508 times

Advertisements

im taking an opportunity to throw in my gripes.

route 28, sunday nights, well after football games - how many drunk drivers can that highway be burdened with until there is a serious accident?

on said highway, i was in the right lane, northbound, approximately 10:30PM on a sunday night last fall. right lane all the way, speed limit +5mph. i enjoy driving and have no need to think im dale jr. there is ample space between myself and the car in front of me.

so this hot shot in a white convertible appears out of nowhere in the middle lane (to my left, and a little ahead of me). his turn signal is not on, and tries to poke in. i maintain my speed - this happened so fast, that i have no idea if im being tailgated. had i slowed to let him in, id be risking a serious accident.

i simply was not prepared for a sudden slowdown at about 65mph. forgive me!

he moved right after i passed, then hit the exit for US 50. he was flashing his lights like a madman. this made me so angry that the evening's redskins humilitation was instantaneously forgotten. i wanted to pull to the shoulder, back up, then exit onto 50 and find that idiot.

do you see my point? im positive this idiot went to work proclaiming the lack of driving skills of the average american, how he had been victimized, no, CUT OFF, yea thats it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 AM

92 posts, read 109,424 times
To the original poster - I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have had several cars ride my ass for no particular reason. I cant explain it other than we have a lot of very impatient people in this area. Yesterday I had a women do a U turn at the very same time as me and she actually went AROUND me! Where was she going? To the Wegmans one block down! The next time that happens I follow her and I let all the air out of their tires. I am done playing nice guy.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 AM

3,174 posts, read 2,774,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySonsDad View Post
To the original poster - I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have had several cars ride my ass for no particular reason. I cant explain it other than we have a lot of very impatient people in this area. Yesterday I had a women do a U turn at the very same time as me and she actually went AROUND me! Where was she going? To the Wegmans one block down! The next time that happens I follow her and I let all the air out of their tires. I am done playing nice guy.
WOAH....settle down. dont lose your cool and then snap. sure, there are times we'd like to rearrange someones face better than a wild chimpanzee could, but its not worth humiliating your family....

Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 AM

6,555 posts, read 10,842,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySonsDad View Post
Then go to jail for tampering with an auto. Probably a little over kill on your part. What you could do is get her tag number and make sure you get a good look at them. Call the local PD and see if you can get her ID'd. Then go to the magistrate and swear out a summons for reckless driving, or whatever applies, then take her to court. Then we'll see her posting on here about her unjust reckless driving ticket.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 AM

13,027 posts, read 19,853,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
im taking an opportunity to throw in my gripes.

route 28, sunday nights, well after football games - how many drunk drivers can that highway be burdened with until there is a serious accident?

on said highway, i was in the right lane, northbound, approximately 10:30PM on a sunday night last fall. right lane all the way, speed limit +5mph. i enjoy driving and have no need to think im dale jr. there is ample space between myself and the car in front of me.

so this hot shot in a white convertible appears out of nowhere in the middle lane (to my left, and a little ahead of me). his turn signal is not on, and tries to poke in. i maintain my speed - this happened so fast, that i have no idea if im being tailgated. had i slowed to let him in, id be risking a serious accident.

i simply was not prepared for a sudden slowdown at about 65mph. forgive me!

he moved right after i passed, then hit the exit for US 50. he was flashing his lights like a madman. this made me so angry that the evening's redskins humilitation was instantaneously forgotten. i wanted to pull to the shoulder, back up, then exit onto 50 and find that idiot.

do you see my point? im positive this idiot went to work proclaiming the lack of driving skills of the average american, how he had been victimized, no, CUT OFF, yea thats it.
Good post! I do see that happening more and more nowadays. I don't get why they have to force their way in front when there's plenty of space behind us. Your main point, though, is one I often think of when I see posts talking about others lack of driving skills. A lot of times it's true, they lack driving skills, but sometimes it is the one who is complaining who lacks the skills.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,770,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
How many times will you post this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia