U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 06:00 PM

968 posts, read 1,440,811 times

Advertisements

Gosh, does this mean no more annoying commercials with the lady with the short red hair?

Not to worry since we now have annoying Bob's Discount Furniture commercials instead (and here I thought I escaped Bob when I moved away from Connecticut years ago!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,099,983 times
Furniture stores just can't seem to stay in business around here, which is weird because you would think that they would have enough customers to really thrive.

Oh well, I won't be missing those commercials, either.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 AM

617 posts, read 1,152,107 times
Glad to see you filed the CC dispute. I had a very similar problem recently. We bought an ellipitcal recently, mostly for my wife's use (I run and she hates running) and went with a more local company named Fitness Resource rather than going with a bigger chain. Delivery was promised within two weeks, three at most.

At around four-five weeks, I called to find out what was going on. One of the managers, who was probably giving me more info than she was supposed to, told me that Fitness Resource had been acquired by another company (maybe a supplier, I can't remember) and that there was a behind the scenes argument/negotiation over who was responsible for customers with existing orders. She asked us if we wanted a full refund or a partial refund and the machine; we chose the latter and got our delivery/setup fee refunded as well as a small portion of the purchase price.

Two more weeks, still nothing. We call back, the manager had thought there was a breakthrough in merchandise being supplied but there were more snags. In the interim, the new company had taken over the crediting system and she no longer had access to process refunds, as we asked for the rest of our money back on that call.

After we hung up, I called the CC company and immediately disputed the rest of the charge, pointing out what we paid, how much they had already refunded, etc. We had the money back in two days. We turned around and went to a big chain (Dick's), ordered a machine, and had it delivered and assembled four days later, and about $600 cheaper than what we would have paid the smaller store. Sometimes it doesn't pay to support local.

As an odd footnote, the Fitness Resource manager called us apologetically and advised us to dispute the charges because there were no updates...the same day Dick's was delivering. I informed her that we already had, and she was glad we had gotten our money back. Truthfully, this woman seemed way to honest to be in her job; I hope she finds something with a better company down the line.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 AM

231 posts, read 382,330 times
People pan credit cards. But legitimate chargebacks are a massive benefit for card holders (over cash).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia