U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Loudoun Cty, Virginia
738 posts, read 2,619,424 times
Reputation: 627

Advertisements

Another vote for the Reston Town Center area - It has a decent nightlife scene, and is probably the best area west of DC/Arlington for younger working professionals. It's not the same as downtown DC, but is a fun area.

The other option would be in Arlington, near Clarendon, Ballston or Rosslyn; however, in these areas you are more likely to need a roommate since rent costs would be pretty high. Nightlife is great here and is a metro stop away to the DC area. You can walk to Georgetown from Rosslyn relatively easily too. Unless you're anti-roommates, I'd recommend sharing a place anyways. It's a quick and easy way to make a few friends that either already know the area or can explore it with you while you both learn where you like to hang out.

I don't know what your income levels are like as a FA, but if you're open to a roommate I'd think you could find somewhere in your price range in most areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
 
1,196 posts, read 1,864,038 times
Reputation: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Another vote for the Reston Town Center area - It has a decent nightlife scene, and is probably the best area west of DC/Arlington for younger working professionals. It's not the same as downtown DC, but is a fun area.

The other option would be in Arlington, near Clarendon, Ballston or Rosslyn; however, in these areas you are more likely to need a roommate since rent costs would be pretty high. Nightlife is great here and is a metro stop away to the DC area. You can walk to Georgetown from Rosslyn relatively easily too. Unless you're anti-roommates, I'd recommend sharing a place anyways. It's a quick and easy way to make a few friends that either already know the area or can explore it with you while you both learn where you like to hang out.

I don't know what your income levels are like as a FA, but if you're open to a roommate I'd think you could find somewhere in your price range in most areas.
Do they have any nightclubs in Reston Town Center now? Last time I checked it out there was a bar or two but mostly chain restaurants with a bar in the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Tysons Corner
2,772 posts, read 3,643,939 times
Reputation: 1495
Jacksons is the most "clubby" at night but no its not anything you would find in DC or even Arlington. Frankly with the rules in place in Virginia you rarely find a place that has a very "club like feel" in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Mclean, Va; West Palm Beach, Fl
513 posts, read 804,649 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
Do they have any nightclubs in Reston Town Center now? Last time I checked it out there was a bar or two but mostly chain restaurants with a bar in the back.
There is the new invention called the automobile. Put the keys in the igniton, verify the gas level, and the machine takes you to your destination. Dont be alarmed by the sound of music coming from the speakers inside the machine. Reston is close to dulles airport for our fair flight attendent. And 20-30 mins after rush hour to arlington/dc clubs-bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Loudoun Cty, Virginia
738 posts, read 2,619,424 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
Do they have any nightclubs in Reston Town Center now? Last time I checked it out there was a bar or two but mostly chain restaurants with a bar in the back.
I specifically said nightlife, not nightclubs...

Every time I'm in RTC during the evenings, the bars are packed there. Jacksons, the Tap Room, Julios, The Wine bar - that whole block - are all plenty of fun for meeting up with friends. Of course there may be more clubs and bars in Arlington and DC, but RTC is perfectly fine and fun for something in the proximity of Dulles.

Last time I checked, even chain restaurants serve cold beer

Last edited by GoHokiesGo; 07-18-2012 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 AM
 
301 posts, read 586,033 times
Reputation: 163
Another vote for Reston Town Center area. I'd also look at North Arlington if you can afford it (or don't mind having a roommate).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 07:54 AM
 
939 posts, read 1,605,951 times
Reputation: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
There is the new invention called the automobile. Put the keys in the igniton, verify the gas level, and the machine takes you to your destination. Dont be alarmed by the sound of music coming from the speakers inside the machine. Reston is close to dulles airport for our fair flight attendent. And 20-30 mins after rush hour to arlington/dc clubs-bars.
Is it possible for you to respond to any post without being a punk? For someone with the name 'mcleanexec' , you certainly spend a lot of time trolling these forums trying to make yourself look good.

Last edited by GustavoFring; 07-18-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
 
7,966 posts, read 18,051,686 times
Reputation: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
I think the best balance is Reston Town Center.
This! It'll hold you over until your off-days when you can head further into Arlington, Alexandria and DC. I imagine there are plenty of fellow attendants who would be willing to split an apartment or townhome with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top