U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 AM

837 posts, read 1,612,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaaaa View Post
Well I found out that my warrant is not on NCIC, also it is not linked to my social security # so it would NOT appear on my background check.
I saw a coworker fired after a year when it was discovered he never completed his degree. As it turns out, he, like you, was an idiot who only had 1 class left to take but just never bothered. Didnt matter that he'd been a good employee up till that point, he lied on his app and was immediately terminated.

So ya, good luck....
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:21 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,977,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Aren't you the same person who was just extolling the virtues and importance of Christian values in another thread, regarding a particular social issue with which you happen to disagree? But when it comes to someone stealing and avoiding the consequences of their actions, you say "fu.ck the law." Seems like there would be some cognitive dissonance between supporting Christian values while having a fu.ck the law mentality, unless you just conveniently pick and choose which values you want to uphold.
Yeah that's pretty blatant. If he truly cared about Christian values, he'd know submitting to ruling authorities and obeying the law is actually commanded.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 AM

639 posts, read 1,146,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Toe View Post
The Statue of Limitations for petty theft is only like 2 years. The OP can just avoid going back to CA for two years and then at that point he/she can not be prosecuted. Sure, this may show up on a background check, but so what. If you just want to avoid jail and have no intent of getting a U.S. Government Security Clearance, then you made the right move. Catch a petty charge, flee the state, wait for the statue to expire, and then you can return to that state and you can't be prosecuted. Every good criminal should have some wits and know how to beat the system. It may show up in a background check, but you avoid jail. Don't listen to these other fools in this thread trying to tell you to "do the right thing" and go back and get busted. You only live once. Say fu ck the law and live your life. Good job OP!

Wow, you're really commendable!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 38,629 times
So I did a little research and apparently one of the previous posts were right. Bench warrants often don't expire or expire only after a very long time (like decades), as this various by the crime and the state. The Statue of Limitations (SOL) clock doesn't even start yet if you have a warrant out. Oh well. But usually for petty misdemeanors law enforcement won't try to pursue you in another state. So I would still say just flee the state and never return. This works if you have a warrant in some nowhere state like Wyoming which you'll probably never care to return to anyway.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 PM

10 posts, read 145,392 times
OKAY EVERYONE... A warrant for petty theft in CA is not a bookable warrant so I was informed by the SD County Records and Warrants that I would not be arrested. Also, I HAVE NEVER LIED on any employment application! The job application asks if you have ever been CONVICTED of a misdemeanor or felony, and I have NOT.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 PM

FUGITIVE FROM THE LAW? Calm the **** down people. I didn't rape or kill anyone. It was a ****ing shirt. i forgot my CC, and I was desperate. Stupid mistake, we all have made one at some point. READ!!! I do intend of taking care of it and being responsible but I can't now because I live in Virginia and my warrant is in CA. When I can afford to go back, I will. Chill out, i just needed help with information and thanks but some of you need to relax. I'm the one with the warrant, just needed advice.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 AM

437 posts, read 1,070,762 times
I'm glad to hear that you won't get hauled off after a traffic stop for this, and that you do plan to take care of it. If your prospective employer does a thorough background this will come up. You may want to re-think the "petty theft is no big deal" perspective as future employers probably don't want to hear that from you as a response to questions about it. Especially if they think some of their stuff will be walking out the door if they hire you!

Slightly off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Toe View Post
The Statue of Limitations (SOL) clock doesn't even start yet if you have a warrant out.
It's STATUTE of limitations, not STATUE. You and the posters who keep writing "loose" instead of "lose", etc. are making me crazy! Stop it, this makes me laugh every time and I can't take any of your posts seriously.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 AM

617 posts, read 1,149,772 times
The folks on this forum are generally helpful and will give you opinions. However, you have to understand that most folks here are also generally law-abiding citizens, so having an outstanding warrant in another state is going to draw comments. It may be over something as petty as stealing a shirt, but the fact is, folks are going to fixate on the fact that you decided to skip out on your court date. You have to expect it when you bring that into the conversation.

No one here is rooting against you as far as getting employed, they're cautioning you to not be surprised if that restricts your employment opportunities. And being generally law-abiding, they're also counseling you to take care of it. Well, everyone except Big Toe, that is; follow Big Toe's advice at your own risk.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Thank you Forehead. Yeah I get it but maybe these people who are mad about me not going to court should focus more on "real criminals". I just wanted advice, but anyway... this warrant is not on NCIC, and the FBI informed me it would only find something when the agency the crime was done with sends it through NCIC since that is how they find records.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM

427 posts, read 972,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaaaa View Post
Thank you Forehead. Yeah I get it but maybe these people who are mad about me not going to court should focus more on "real criminals". I just wanted advice, but anyway... this warrant is not on NCIC, and the FBI informed me it would only find something when the agency the crime was done with sends it through NCIC since that is how they find records.
A "real criminal" is a person who has broken a real law. You've admitted that you stole a shirt and skipped your court date in a place where there are real laws prohibiting both; ergo, you're a real criminal. I wish you no ill will, but really, if you're going to own the actions, then you have to be willing to own the label as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia