Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Unfortunately I had a terrible experience at Lifetime Fitness in Fairfax, Va today. A sales rep was very rude to me and my friend when we stopped in to activate our 7 day passes. I've never seen a sales rep be so rude, defensive, and somewhat aggressive over two people who just want to take Aqua Aerobics. It was unnecessary and embarrassing to be told (in a loud demeaning tone) "I don't want you to waste my time" in front of all the members entering and exiting the gym. I work at a gym, so I completely understand how passes work. What I don’t understand is terrible customer service. If he wasn't allowed to activate our passes, he should have found a better way to communicate that to us. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM

531 posts, read 1,428,214 times
Put your experiences online: yelp, insider pages, Angie's list, checkbook etc. if you know the rep's name, put that in your review too.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
Put your experiences online: yelp, insider pages, Angie's list, checkbook etc. if you know the rep's name, put that in your review too.
Did you ask to speak with management? If not, why not? Complaining on here won't do much good. I do agree about putting it on Google and other sites that review businesses.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 AM

159 posts, read 277,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Did you ask to speak with management? If not, why not? Complaining on here won't do much good. I do agree about putting it on Google and other sites that review businesses.
I agree. A short personal discussion with the Sales or General Manager is the best and most effective way to deal with poor service. Explain your version of the incident(s) calmly and respectfully. Give them an opportunity to take responsibility. In this particular case, they may or may not offer enticement to smooth things out. Regardless, don't think you will get a service gratis. You are doing the company a favor by providing direct, constructive feedback to management.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelborne_22033 View Post
A short personal discussion with the Sales or General Manager is the best and most effective way to deal with poor service. Explain your version of the incident(s) calmly and respectfully. Give them an opportunity to take responsibility. In this particular case, they may or may not offer enticement to smooth things out. Regardless, don't think you will get a service gratis. You are doing the company a favor by providing direct, constructive feedback to management.
Great advice. An entire company should not be judged on one rude employee. The company may not know how rude this person is being to potential customers and they can't know until customers make complaints directly to managers/owners.

I supervise an employee that I hear some second-hand complaints about. How many other people are having problems with this employee that I don't hear about through the grapevine? I can't do anything about it unless they come directly to me. So frustrating.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 AM

531 posts, read 1,428,214 times
I still think OP should put his or her experience online. If the management responds with positive results, put that on the website too. And a lot of times the management will respond more actively if you do a review.

No one will judge a company based on one employee or one review. But from many reviews you can see a pattern. If a business has received 90% good reviews, you stand a good chance of receiving good service. If a company has 90% bad reviews, you know you should stay away from it. Every review provides value and helps future customers with their decision.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,583,639 times
Companies often underestimate how important a person answering the phone or sitting at a front desk is. If they are rude or incompetent it does reflect on the entire company. I have to admit that I have avoided companies based on a rude receptionist - my belief is that a bad attitude comes from the top and works it way down. Good management hires good people and knows what they are doing. Maybe it's unfair, but I count every interaction with a company's personnel, regardless of how far down the totem pole they are.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:47 PM

402 posts, read 745,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
Looking at the original post, I think that this place was just one stop on the route you were suggesting. I don't expect the OP will return, probably just blasting the info out everywhere.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,430 times
jreneecain - I work at Life Time. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. Our goal is to create a friendly and inviting member experience, and your feedback is important. I believe our management team at the Fairfax location has reached out to you, but please don't hesitate to contact us with questions directly at the email below. Thank you.

Tony Saucier
socialmedia [at] lifetimefitness.com
Life Time, The Healthy Way of Life Company

Last edited by TonySaucier; 08-02-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Formatting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: