Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
Nice to be an adult, eh?

You know what's going to be really fun? You retaliate and create noise and officers show up and fine you!

And then all your other neighbors retaliate against you and turn up the music on you at 6 AM.

Good luck.
Haha, yes. Well, I haven't retaliated, yet. The wheels are in motion to deal with this guy through the proper channels, but if isn't resolved soon, our lease will be up in two months and we'll be giving notice that we're moving out at the end of the term.

But, I don't think the neighbors would retaliate against me because they've done nothing about my problem neighbor. We're talking obscenely loud bass that shakes the water in a glass. If they don't complain about THAT, Ill be shocked if anything is said about a sub-woofer I may or may not leave on by accident one morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 AM

326 posts, read 688,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
However, in Alexandria city we never could get police to do anything about anything. I remember once a car was parked illegally in front of our apartment with it's car alarm going off for 48 hours. Not kidding. 48 hours of car alarm. The police said we'd just have to wait until its battery died. It was in a tow-away zone.
Instead of calling the police did it cross your mind to call the towing company?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,583,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnmx View Post
Instead of calling the police did it cross your mind to call the towing company?
The city is in charge of the towing - it's not private like an apartment complex. You wouldn't know what company to call if there is one, and they don't tow unless the police request.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
It sounds like you live in Mason District in Fairfax County. You can verify this by calling Mason District Supervisor Penny Gross. (If it's not Mason, her office can refer you to the correct supervisor.) Call her office at 703-256-7717. Tell her than neither your landlord nor the police department, which shares her office building, will enforce the noise rules and that you need her to see that they do. Ask every other neighbor who is bothered by this to do the same. Call the police every time the noise starts up. If they don't come out to enforce it, call her office back each time and ask her to explain why not. Good luck!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM

721 posts, read 1,209,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
It sounds like you live in Mason District in Fairfax County. You can verify this by calling Mason District Supervisor Penny Gross. (If it's not Mason, her office can refer you to the correct supervisor.) Call her office at 703-256-7717. Tell her than neither your landlord nor the police department, which shares her office building, will enforce the noise rules and that you need her to see that they do.
My community is in Mason District.

I called. The receptionist would not transfer me to any supervisor. He asked me what the issue was. I didn't want to talk to the receptionist.

Last edited by LoveAlbuquerque; 08-14-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,112 times
I don't think you're going to make it past the receptionist if you don't tell them why you're calling.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
I don't think you're going to make it past the receptionist if you don't tell them why you're calling.
I told the receptionist why I called, and they transferred me to Penny Gross' assistant. She asked me to speak directly to the police department about this.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
I told the receptionist why I called, and they transferred me to Penny Gross' assistant. She asked me to speak directly to the police department about this.
That's where documenting that you have spoken to the police and they've done nothing about it comes into play.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
That's where documenting that you have spoken to the police and they've done nothing about it comes into play.
I had a conversation with the police department. It went well. The police reminded me that the noisy neighbors could be muslims fasting at day and celerating at night for religious purposes. However, since their religious holiday period will end this coming Saturday, only time can tell if they are muslims.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 PM

My point was if you've spoken with the police and they've done nothing - then you report that fact to the Supervisor's office. So that when they go "you need to talk to the police", you can say "I have, and that's why I need your help..." blah blah blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia