Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fill in the blank: I’ve seen more _________ yard signs in my NoVa neighborhood.
Obama 18 35.29%
Romney 33 64.71%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:12 PM

4,893 posts, read 7,406,562 times

Advertisements

Kingsbridge in Purcellville -- 32 Romney, 3 Obama

Old Dominion Valley in Purcellville -- about 20 Romney, 2 Obama

Catoctin Meadows -- About 15 Romney, 2 or 3 Obama

Main Street past the Country Club -- 6 or 8 Romney, no Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 AM

414 posts, read 905,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Kingsbridge in Purcellville -- 32 Romney, 3 Obama

Old Dominion Valley in Purcellville -- about 20 Romney, 2 Obama

Catoctin Meadows -- About 15 Romney, 2 or 3 Obama

Main Street past the Country Club -- 6 or 8 Romney, no Obama

You missed the Obama signs on Main street. There are at least 3. Also, go in to the old neighborhoods that make up the much older, historic part of Purcellville, and its almost all Obama signs. Very few and far between romney signs over in those sections.

At the waterford fair yesterday Waterford was far and away Obama. I counted at least 2 dozen, and a few romney. Sure glad I went to the fair yesterday because today its just nasty. Cold and rainy.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,058,983 times
Wow - I had no idea parts of Loudoun was as polarized as LL suggests (73-8?). Sounds like Takoma Park for Republicans.

In our area (part of McLean that went for Obama in 2008), there aren't a tremendous number of yard signs. Romney signs appeared first, then Obama signs, and now a mini-proliferation of signs from both candidates/parties over the past few weeks. On balance, there seem to be slightly more Romney signs than Obama signs and, while the votes of those displaying no signs will outnumber the votes of those who feel strongly enough about their candidate to place signs in their yard, my guess is that Romney will carry this area by a small margin in 2012, but that it will be very close. Fun to be a swing area in a swing state.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 PM

4,893 posts, read 7,406,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
You missed the Obama signs on Main street. There are at least 3. Also, go in to the old neighborhoods that make up the much older, historic part of Purcellville, and its almost all Obama signs. Very few and far between romney signs over in those sections.

At the waterford fair yesterday Waterford was far and away Obama. I counted at least 2 dozen, and a few romney. Sure glad I went to the fair yesterday because today its just nasty. Cold and rainy.
Yeah, probably true -- I rarely go on the south side of Route 7 in Purcellville or Main Street for that matter as I use Hirst. I only own property on the north side. Should be interesting to see how the various precincts vote.

Waterford -- Certainly agree; Saturday was definitely the nicer day. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,447,431 times
Most North Arlington neighborhoods are about 50/50 Obama/Romney (looking at yard signs). The county is probably about 1/3 Republican though. North Arlington might be about 40% Republican.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM

9,767 posts, read 15,728,481 times
I was in Vienna this weekend (YAY!). I counted signs. In the south side of town, which is the older, mostly 1950's ranch homes part, there were 12 Obama signs and 8 Romney signs. I was staying at a friend's house on the north side of town near Wolf Trap, where there are bigger, more expensive homes, in general. I didn't count, but I noticed more Romney signs over there. (For the record, I only see Obama signs here in Chapel Hill, but that's to be expected.)

Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 AM

393 posts, read 1,200,553 times
In my neighborhood of 450 houses (in Springfield) I've seen 1 Romney sign and 2 Obama signs.
Recently I saw what looked like a brand new bumper sticker that said: Kennedy/Johnson.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:17 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,169,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kembek View Post
Recently I saw what looked like a brand new bumper sticker that said: Kennedy/Johnson.
I've always thought Nixon's were the best: "Re-elect the President" in red, white, and blue. Will work over and over again regardless of which party's incumbent you're supporting in any given year. I still have some of the buttons. That kind of "recyclability" should be encouraged.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM

771 posts, read 1,455,412 times
I've only seen one in my neighborhood and it's Romney's. The HOA doesn't allow having signs though.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,689,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
I've only seen one in my neighborhood and it's Romney's. The HOA doesn't allow having signs though.
That has to be a violation of First Amendment rights. Stuff like that makes me want to join the ACLU. (And this is coming from someone who has grown to detest political signs.)

Only four houses in our neighborhood have signs so far. Two for Obama, two for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia