Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 PM

491 posts, read 1,170,741 times

Advertisements

While you are looking at options, think about where you might be socializing with those you want to socialize with -- temples, cultural associations? It's not likely that it'll be the neighborhood you choose to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 07:45 AM

23 posts, read 102,684 times
Guys,
Thanks for the inputs, now I understand it clearly that I wont be seeing the Indian community and Neighbourhood, as much as I see in San Francisco Bay Area. San Jose from where I am relocating is more of India and less of US. But yes, I also love diversity. So I am ok with it.
However the help I need from Forum members is any specific feedback on the above listed apartments?

Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,311,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsonileo View Post
Guys,
Thanks for the inputs, now I understand it clearly that I wont be seeing the Indian community and Neighbourhood, as much as I see in San Francisco Bay Area. San Jose from where I am relocating is more of India and less of US. But yes, I also love diversity. So I am ok with it.
However the help I need from Forum members is any specific feedback on the above listed apartments?
Moorefield Village is fairly new. There are soon to be shops opening up on the ground floor of several of the buildings, and a new Harris Teeter (popular chain grocery store) will be opening up there in October. While I cannot speak to the apartments specifically, it is a convenient area - close to the Southern Walk Plaza shopping center in Broadlands (another Harris Teeter, Walgreens, McDonalds, Taco Bell, several other shops and restaurants) and the Ryan Park shopping center (Giant grocery store, Home Depot, Exxon, Panera, Chipotle, other restaurants and shops). Also, Moorefield Village is across the street from one of the entrances to Loudoun Valley Estates - a huge development (3,656 residents) that in the 2010 Census was 61% Asian, 29% White, 4% African American, 3% Hispanic. Many of those Asian residents are South Asian.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM

531 posts, read 1,428,907 times
I have a lot of Indian friends living in Loudoun Valley estates in Ashburn. They even jokingly called their community Indian Village. But those are not apartments. You may be able to rent a room in someone's home for your budget though.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 AM

588 posts, read 1,439,117 times
The McNair area of Herndon has a large population of Indian immigrants, as well.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 AM

23 posts, read 102,684 times
Guys,
Any feedback and personal exp about Windsor at Fieldstone. They are offering me 1 BR with Den 3rd Floor, Fireplace, North Facing at $1155/Month with 10 months lease. Leesburg, VA Apartments - Windsor at Fieldstone - Windsor Communities

Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsonileo View Post
Guys,
I did some search on Google, and found the following apartments which meets my requirements in terms of size and rent.
Let me know if any of you have any specific reviews about them, and know if Indians are within these apartments.

[URL="http://www.daleforestapartments.com/floorplans/"]Dale Forest Apartments Floor Plans[/URL]
[URL="http://www.moorefieldvillage.com/floorplans.html"]Site Plan | Floor Plans: Shops at Moorefield Village - upscale apartments and shopping in Loudoun County and Ashburn Virginia[/URL]
[URL="http://www.homesdatabase.com/rentals/VA/ASHBURN/20147/20965-TIMBER-RIDGE-TER-304-78557549"]20965 TIMBER RIDGE TER #304, ASHBURN, VA 20147 | Listing Information | HomesDatabase.com[/URL]
[URL="http://www.homesdatabase.com/rentals/VA/LEESBURG/20176/1107-HUNTMASTER-TER-NE-302-78644667"]1107 HUNTMASTER TER NE #302, LEESBURG, VA 20176 | Listing Information | HomesDatabase.com[/URL]
[URL="http://www.pagebrooke.com/listing_details.php?lid=42"]Page-Brooke Developments - Rental apartments in the Winchester, Leesburg and Blacksburg, Virginia as well as Martinsburg, WV[/URL]

Hello Ashish,

I am moving to Ashburn next month with my family .Currently we r looking for apartments with Indian community.Can u suggest any? My range will be up to 1300$ per month, 1B1B or with den.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
If it's vital for you to live in a building where people are of a certain race, you may want to re-think whether you would be happy moving here. Northern Virginia doesn't really have areas like that; everything here is mixed.
What about the Korean community in Annandale?

I don't think race is the concern here. This request is really no different than for an American State Dept or DoD employee stationed overseas wanting to live in the local American community there (I'm sure a few folks here have done that at one time or another in their careers). I think our government has even set those up in places like Saudi Arabia where the kids even go to separate schools from the locals and families attend their own Christian churches rather than the local mosques. The main difference in the U.S. is that these national communities are generally ad-hoc rather than government sponsored or organized.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,441 times
I will be moving to Ashburn VA and looking for apartments that has Indian community. Can you please suggest the list of apartments?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:44 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Without knowing how much you want to spend on rent, I say just look up apartment buildings/complexes in your price range. Then go visit the rental offices. Don't expect anyone in the rental office to tell you what the demographics are in the building/complex because it's against the law for them to divulge such info. What you need to do is visit some places and observe the people who come and go. That way, you will get a good idea as to who lives there. Better yet, just pick a place that you like and don't worry about demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia