U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 07:43 PM

2,772 posts, read 3,638,942 times

Advertisements

Planning Commission meeting on Tysons Infrastructure Cost was tonight. No vote until next week, but for those of you interested in what is happening I will copy down some of the live feeds I sent out during the meeting (I know a lot of you guys really like knowing what is happening in our region for tax purposes and costs).

Story to follow tomorrow with a more over view of the meeting;

Tweets
Private sector will take on 500 million in cost of transportation within Tysons off table 7. Half from service district, half from road fund

Barbara Byron "The document is a result of significant collaborative effort among numerous participants"

Tysons committee has met 24 times to discuss the 4 issues post comp plan. Transpo, housing, walking to transit, and commuter parking

B Byron - "hope and anticipation for markup and vote on the 20th by planning commission"

De La Fey - This is history in the making, its never been done in Fairfax, and we are being watched on how we will perform.

Acknowledged Commissioner Alcorns contribution over several years. Deserves a lot of credit and input of individual parties

Frank De La Fe reiterates is not needed. Also added, Boone Boulevard is not the problem, it is the ramp to nowhere that is the problem

Alcorn- unspecified state and federal sources – over 40 years 208 million dollars, 9.1% of the total. Hardly dumping this on Richmond

Lawrence - "In 2012, making quantitative predictions about 40 years from now, is not very useful. "

Lawrence - "Proportion of shares, yes, quantitative predictions, I cant support that."

Ken Lawrence – “if there are gaps, we will know about it annually. And the discussion of the process would be part of the CIP itself.”

Tim Sargeant in defense MCA – “From a year to year review its difficult to find if we are meeting funding level for a particular project.”

208 million unspecified contribution from fed and state. Working with state and fed to identify these funds. Bits and pieces over 40 years.

Tom Bushody FCDOT - "Key goals was to link the extent possible the grade of development to the transportation improvements"

Adjourned. If you appreciated our live tweeting on the news being made at the planning commission; please tell us! The Tysons Corner | News | Development | Lifestyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 09:02 PM

291 posts, read 493,810 times
Oh, I'm going to get a smack for this....but Tysons you really need to get a mate and enjoy life a little more.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 AM

I'll let my fiancee know.

Everyone complains when "plans blindside them" see the MCA letters of the past 2 months. But no one puts the effort to stay informed. Tysons plans have been going on for more than just the 2 years; its been decades in the making. My goal is to make it digestible so people are informed about things that actually effect their lives (like the multi billion dollar investment in making Fairfax's downtown).

Either way; the Thursday night game was boring through half time anyways. I'll make sure to enjoy tonight just for you :P

Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 PM

8,765 posts, read 10,668,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Frank De La Fe reiterates is not needed. Also added, Boone Boulevard is not the problem, it is the ramp to nowhere that is the problem

what is not needed? a long term plan? More money? A widened route 7? Another heavy rail line?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
what is not needed? a long term plan? More money? A widened route 7? Another heavy rail line?
I like De La Fey, he was talking about the DTR off ramp which is antithetical to the point of the Tysons redevelopment (continues to induce traffic from commuters instead of protecting local infrastructure, safe biking and walking areas, and of course the last forest in Tysons which creates a nice separation between Tysons and Vienna).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia