U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:53 AM

6,561 posts, read 10,859,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
House insurance it. Renters insurance it. Tell me you have some sort of insurance that pays you back, so you don't have to go all "Payback" on people who stole your stuff.

People say get a gun but I mean, robbers aren't violent, they're just dishonest and bunch of liars who cheat a lot with their life and what they say.
Please. Don't give out horrible information like this. Robbers aren't violent? What fantasy world do you live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 AM

5,088 posts, read 5,363,316 times
Quote:
House insurance it. Renters insurance it. Tell me you have some sort of insurance that pays you back, so you don't have to go all "Payback" on people who stole your stuff.

People say get a gun but I mean, robbers aren't violent, they're just dishonest and bunch of liars who cheat a lot with their life and what they say.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmva View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, i will talk to the prosecutor and make a decision. Yes, this happened in fairfax county but the kids live in DC.

Was this a burglary? Was your house broken into? The office of victim assistance is limited to certain crimes and burglary is one of them.

Victim Services*- Fairfax County, Virginia

Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,961,848 times
Quote:

That's true. When my aunt's house got robbed last Fall, the robbers turned on jazz music, baked some chocolate chip cookies, lit some cinnamon apple candles, changed the cat's litter box, painted the accent wall in the living room, left some sunflower seeds for thr squirrels and then penned a thank you note to my aunt for allowing them to break in and rob her off her valuables.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
That's true. When my aunt's house got robbed last Fall, the robbers turned on jazz music, baked some chocolate chip cookies, lit some cinnamon apple candles, changed the cat's litter box, painted the accent wall in the living room, left some sunflower seeds for thr squirrels and then penned a thank you note to my aunt for allowing them to break in and rob her off her valuables.

Not that it matters but homes cannot be robbed. They are burglarized. Only people can be robbed in VA per VA law. When a home is broken into theft is normally committed but not robbery.

Just a little bit of tidbit.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Not that it matters but homes cannot be robbed. They are burglarized. Only people can be robbed in VA per VA law. When a home is broken into theft is normally committed but not robbery.

Just a little bit of tidbit.

I should clarify. Someone can commit Burglary with Intent to Commit Arson, Rape, Robbery, Murder etc. But the act of entering someone's home is plain old Burglary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia