U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,583,108 times

Advertisements

I know Buckland Farm Market, New Baltimore, right on Rt. 29 not far south of Gainesville has a corn maze. Would have out their website but it appears to be down. Don't know how good it is but I love the market for their produce and baked goods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM

90 posts, read 115,348 times
The Buckland corn maze is temporarily closed because of a big storm. But their website says to check back, so I guess they are trying to get it going again.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,583,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeingJane View Post
The Buckland corn maze is temporarily closed because of a big storm. But their website says to check back, so I guess they are trying to get it going again.
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the update. I couldn't even get on their website this morning.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM

5,121 posts, read 5,530,273 times
We ended up doing Temple Hall yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. The maze was hard, but not too hard really--my daughter figured it all out and we were out in about 20 minutes once we started on the right path* We picked a pumpkin too and she really got a blast (literally and figuratively) out of the pumpkin cannon.

* Two words of warning if you go--these aren't major things, but keep them in mind.

First, the entrance of the corn maze isn't clear until you are right on it. When you pass the ticket booth, there is a bridge going into the maze--that is not the entrance and if you are using the clues, that way won't make sense. You have to walk past that, a "fake entrance to a photo op area" and a stage before you get to the real entrance. There just isn't much signage pointing all that out and we weren't the only ones going in the maze the wrong way. We went in the exit by accident and wasted a lot of time getting turned back by our clues (until we figured out we went in the wrong way). The weird thing is, there is another exit too--right by the entrance.

Also, for admission, they take Mastercard and Amex, but not Visa. I had cash, so it wasn't a problem at all for me (they took that too of course). But I saw more than one family turn away, crying kids in tow, because they were trying to pay by Visa. It was the strangest thing and I am not sure why that was the case. I would say bring cash to anything like this (this or another corn maze) just to be sure you can get in. Not everyone takes credit cards at these sort of things, so don't count on it.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:32 PM

5,738 posts, read 8,937,269 times
Just went to the Ridgefield Farms Pumpkinfest, just outside Charlestown, WV. Somewhat disappointing. Just about everything cool was inexplicably closed due to rain (really just drizzle)--the haunted house, hayride, and magic shows. We had all-inclusive tickets, so they gave us some free apple picking, but they still wanted us to pay to pick pumpkins. Also, no petting zoo till later in the month. The single (and very easy) corn maze had lots of cornstalks down. And the cider was nowhere to be found. The kids did enjoy the apple picking, though--as well as the small pirate-ship play structure.

Compare this to the Harvestfest at Belvedere Plantation, which had the petting zoo *and* pig races, plus the hayride, a couple of different corn mazes, as well as bonfires.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,512,062 times
Not all mazes, corn or otherwise, follow the "right-hand rule" so you can indeed get stuck. Some have tall tower-like structures to aid others to direct you - others do not...

Here're a bunch of images of Temple Hall: Temple Hall Corn Maze

Old 10-13-2013, 05:02 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,826,108 times
Is there an overlook of some sort at the Temple Hall maze so you can see the image from overhead?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM

406 posts, read 505,364 times
The Temple Hall mazes are not difficult so don't worry about getting stuck. They also have children's level trivia questions that give you the correct way to turn at various points

Old 10-16-2013, 06:17 AM

367 posts, read 760,599 times
i hear the angry bird themed one off of RT 7 in Berryville in nice.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 PM

406 posts, read 505,364 times
Anyone been to Ticonderoga farm in Chantilly for fall festival? Reviews are decidedly mixed elsewhere online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia