U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM

8,775 posts, read 10,677,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
I know we should all be given a respite from political campaigns or punditry, but the thought of having either one of these guys as the Governor of our Commonwealth makes me slightly ill. What is Bolling's story? "None of the Above" has rarely looked so good.

Who else has a shot at the nominations and would any particular candidate be good for NoVa?
There have been whisperings Mark Warner wants to go back to the state house. I'm not sure what the deal is for filling his Senate seat if he wins.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM

2,772 posts, read 3,641,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
There have been whisperings Mark Warner wants to go back to the state house. I'm not sure what the deal is for filling his Senate seat if he wins.
Special election, and likely do to the lack of voter turnout from democrats(something that plagues our state) it will switch to republican control. I shudder to think that someone like Eric Cantor might be granted with a spot in the Senate.

Cuccinelli, if he runs, would lose sooooooo bad, the guy is a liability and has said some ridiculous things about Northern Virginia. He was tea party before there was one. Either way, I am annoyed when people think governor bobby is doing a good job in the state. He is selling our state down the drain to big oil and big coal HOW is that good? He hasnt brought a single job to our area, in fact his policies have been driving away biotech firms that deem Virginia to unstable for genomics and stem cell research. He wants to build a 500 million dollar Coal road for southern virginia using the funds we send him every year, but refuses to give more than 150 million for sustainable transportation solutions to our states tech corridor (Dulles) leaving us to rely on an inefficient funding system using the toll road for bond backing and thereby running up the cost of the project.

Please tell me why people are enamored with governor ultra-sound select me as your Vice President McDonnell?

Old 11-09-2012, 02:34 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,023,055 times
Hank the Cat is still available.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:50 PM

8,555 posts, read 12,622,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB77 View Post
Think Car54 and the Dissenter are looking better by the moment. Flip a coin, guys.
Dissenter's too young to run. It will have to be Car54. I'm only voting for him if he promises us a ride on his boat.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:14 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,316,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Dissenter's too young to run. It will have to be Car54. I'm only voting for him if he promises us a ride on his boat.
I vote for Car54. Although I love Dissenter's idea of Creigh Deeds.

Car54 plays banjo, though. I don't think Dissenter plays banjo. Vote goes to banjo-playing Governor.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 AM

14,131 posts, read 27,023,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFish View Post
Vote goes to banjo-playing Governor.
Hank can play the banjo:

Little Friskies banjo cats 1978 TV ad - YouTube

Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,316,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Hank can play the banjo:

(It won't let me rep you.)

Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,864,205 times
My fellow Virginians,

I am deeply honored and humbled by the faith you have placed in me. I would dearly love to lead our Commonweath into an era of unprecedented prosperity and free-flowing vehicular traffic.

However, there's the matter of a toga party that I attended in New Haven in 1970. While there was no video in those days, there probably exists stills of the debauchery that transpired. If my opponent were to obtain this material, my campaign would be TOAST!

Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Bluto, err I mean Car54

Old 11-10-2012, 03:01 PM

8,555 posts, read 12,622,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
My fellow Virginians,

I am deeply honored and humbled by the faith you have placed in me. I would dearly love to lead our Commonweath into an era of unprecedented prosperity and free-flowing vehicular traffic.

However, there's the matter of a toga party that I attended in New Haven in 1970. While there was no video in those days, there probably exists stills of the debauchery that transpired. If my opponent were to obtain this material, my campaign would be TOAST!

Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Bluto, err I mean Car54
But, did you inhale?

Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM

2,380 posts, read 3,861,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Until Warner is found in bed with a dead woman or an underage live boy, he is going to be elected to whatever office he wants to hold.

If Warner decides he is going to run for another term as Governor I also figure that he has done some internal polling that indicates he's going to win 60-40 over Cuccinelli.

He would be sworn in in January 2014 and presumably then resign his Senate seat.

His Senate seat is up for election in November 2014.

From LAWS GOVERNING U.S. SENATE VACANCIES
The special election must be held the following November if the vacancy occurs at least six weeks before the regular primary in Minnesota (59 days in New York; 120 days in Virginia); otherwise, it must be held the next following November (an odd-numbered year).

From this, it seems that: (1) Governor Warner (or Cuccinelli) would then appoint his own successor and (2) there'd be an election for that Senate seat in Nov 2014.

So have they decided upon a primary or a convention yet? If it's a primary, anyone want me to work in their Loudoun County precinct? :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or