Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,138 times

Advertisements

I have a visit scheduled this Saturday, and want to hear some horror stories before I get my hopes up. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 988 times
Default I have Experience with Merrill House Apartments

These people are corrupt! I lived there for over 2 years. I had automatic payment setup from my checking account for the rent. When they did away with that and had the tenants go into their website to schedule payment, they put a notice on my door that I didn't pay my rent and that they were charging me a 10% late penalty. The new policy didn't go into effect until the 8th of that month. My rent was deducted from my account on the 1st. They never apologized to me and said that they would see about taking the late penalty off. The next month I went to the office 3 times to find out how much my rent would since I was out of my lease. The incompetent worker, didn't know how to figure it up, so I had to go back 2 more times. Finally he said he knew how to do it and told me the amount, I paid by check, right then and there. Then I come home to an eviction notice on my door, that I had to respond to within 5 days or have all of my stuff put outside. They said I didn't pay all of my rent, that I owed more. They raised the rent $300.00 per month AND added a $300.00 penalty for being out of the lease. In addition they added the 10% late fee on top of that. I went to the office and told the incompetent, air headed slum lord in charge that I paid what I was told to pay and she said they would see about taking the penalty off, still again, no apology, for their screw up. After I moved out, they kept my security deposit. They claim $150.00 of it was to have the old, worn out, stained carpet shampooed, which I had already done. Other people that moved told me they didn't have carpet in their unit, so they charged them the same amount for a cleaning fee and they left the place immaculate. These jerks make up excuses to keep your security deposit. So if all of these outrageous charges and the extra $600.00 I paid the last month I was there, weren't enough I get a bill from them saying I owe another $130.00 dollars for rent. I do not owe them and they would not tell me how or why they say I owe it. I gave over a 2 month notice and I moved out before my final day that I was paid through. So I did not just give them more of my hard earned money and they turned me over to a collection agency. Take my advice, stay away from this place. Not only are they ruthless shysters, but the apartments are infested with rodents and roaches. Do a google search for Merrill House Apartments and see for yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia