U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM

20 posts, read 48,830 times

Advertisements

My daughter and son-in-law are thinking of moving to Manassas as work and school is nearby. What apartments are nice. They would need a 2 bedroom as they are soon to be parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 AM

6,561 posts, read 10,859,166 times
I would rather answer onec you post some you find in the affordable range. Too many to start listing here. I would though caution to avoid Coverstone and Westgate Apts. Some are better than others but without knowing the budget it's hard to answer.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 AM

20 posts, read 48,830 times
They can afford up to $1500/month.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyardabc View Post
They can afford up to $1500/month.

Finding an affordable and nice apt in Manassas should be easy with that amount. I don't recall all of the names for each complex. When I was still working for the county I could name them all. The one in Manassas Park off Manassas Drive seems to be well run and nice. It's gated as well. Chatsworth was always quiet. Find what you ike then post the location and that will make it easier.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 AM

968 posts, read 1,442,667 times
I lived in the Battery Heights apartments (off Liberia) a few years ago and liked it. I was alone at the time so just had a one bedroom, one bath with what I considered to also be a den (I think it was technically a dining area, but there was also eat-in space/breakfast nook in the kitchen, so I used the "dining/den" as an office area). This was in 2005, so no idea if/how it's changed, but when I was searching, it was one of the nicest places within my price range, plenty of space compared to other one-bedroom units, quiet neighborhood, and close to some shops and restaurants (now even moreso since they've built a lot of new stuff along Liberia in the past few years). I only ended up moving because my then boyfriend and I got a place together, and Manassas was too far from his job. I remember I could very clearly see the 4th of July fireworks sitting on the front step of my building there that year

Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM

Battery Heights is still considered a good place. They have some minor quality of life type crimes there but there is no apt complex that doesn't. It's in a good location as far as shopping/restaurants etc as mentioned.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM

291 posts, read 494,490 times
Years ago I lived in Carlyle Station which I now see is called Point at Bull Run. I had no problems whatsoever living there. It was a nice two bedroom/two bath w/washer & dryer in each unit. Right next to 66 so made it easy for me to drive to work at Dulles. I see they've done lots of renovations to the kitchens, etc.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,128,250 times
personally, I'd be looking at renting from a private party, either a condo or townhome. you can get into The Reserve right now for right around that price. gated entry after hours, newer building. set far enough away from all the commercialization in manassas.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,080,628 times
We used to live at Raven's Crest Apartments on Sudley Manor road in Manassas. There are obviously a thousand other complexes to look into, but Raven's Crest was pretty nice and management was always quick to respond to problems or requests. The general staff was really polite too. Has a pool and fitness center too. A 1 bedroom was about $1040/ month but that was 4 years ago. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 PM

162 posts, read 305,080 times
I'll second Raven's Crest. I lived there for a year in 2004 and it was very nice and clean. I paid $1,050 for a two bedroom. I'd skip Carlyle Station (apparently now called Point at Bull Run). My DH lived there in 2004 and said parking was always a pain and snow removal was poor. Also, his apartment was not as nice as mine at Raven's Crest. I know it was 8 years ago, but this is my two sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or