Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 AM

27 posts, read 125,406 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried Passanante's Home Food Services to provide them with their meat, poultry, and organic vegetables? Passanante's Home Food Services is a home delivery outfit located in Bristol, PA. My wife and I are thinking about trying it out, but wanted to see if anyone had experience with them.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Sound interesting. Is it expensive?

Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 13,733 times
Hi Mosley, We have been using Passanate food services for about 7 months now and absolutely love them!! Our first order, Tom our sales guy sat with us and got to know our families needs, etc. He helped us make the right choices. We used all of that food for 6 months. We just did our second order and we have a freezer stocked full of so many varieties of food. The company is very fast in responding to any inquiries that we have had. We found that we didn't eat as much of one item that we ordered the first time and the company just exchanged that food for items that we liked. I highly recommend Passanate's for your family if you want to eat more naturally. The chicken comes with absolutely no fat on it. We take it out of the freezer and let it thaw. The taste of their food compared to food you buy in the regular stores with fat and hormones will completely shock you. The taste is fantastic! When it comes to price, at first I was thinking that the monthly cost was a lot, but after talking it over with my wife I think we are saving money monthly since we would have been buying this meat, etc anyway in the store. If you go and buy a 10lb thing of chicken breasts about 1 pound of that is fat. We throw out absolutely no scraps at all. All the food is so fresh and worth every penny. Make the right decision and become a customer. You will not regret it.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,004 times
does the food come fresh or is it shilled?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Sound interesting. Is it expensive?
They base it on what you would spend in the grocery store normally for meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, paper products, condiments, pasta, tomato sauce, peanut butter, jelly, laundry detergent, and dishwasher liquid. No eggs, bread, milk, juice, and the like. Those you'll still have to go to the grocery. They also base it on how many adult meals you cook in a week. Most families will cook 3-4 times/week. They take all these factors and come up with a meal plan tailored to your family. From this they come up with what looks like a very good amount of food for a 6 month period. The price didn't look to bad, considering the quailty of the food. The salesman brought samples and they were excellent.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapani3 View Post
Hi Mosley, We have been using Passanate food services for about 7 months now and absolutely love them!! Our first order, Tom our sales guy sat with us and got to know our families needs, etc. He helped us make the right choices. We used all of that food for 6 months. We just did our second order and we have a freezer stocked full of so many varieties of food. The company is very fast in responding to any inquiries that we have had. We found that we didn't eat as much of one item that we ordered the first time and the company just exchanged that food for items that we liked. I highly recommend Passanate's for your family if you want to eat more naturally. The chicken comes with absolutely no fat on it. We take it out of the freezer and let it thaw. The taste of their food compared to food you buy in the regular stores with fat and hormones will completely shock you. The taste is fantastic! When it comes to price, at first I was thinking that the monthly cost was a lot, but after talking it over with my wife I think we are saving money monthly since we would have been buying this meat, etc anyway in the store. If you go and buy a 10lb thing of chicken breasts about 1 pound of that is fat. We throw out absolutely no scraps at all. All the food is so fresh and worth every penny. Make the right decision and become a customer. You will not regret it.
Thanks for the information Trapani. The taste of the food had me hooked. I think we are going to go with them, but lower the quantity a bit for the first order. We ordered for 3 adults, but I think it might be a bit more than what we spend at the grocery store, and therefore, a little over budget. Plus they're trying to sell us a freezer, which would lock us in for 3 years for the refrigerator (that is unless we buy it outright).

Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
does the food come fresh or is it shilled?
They say that the the meat is fresh. What they do is if your order is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, they will take fresh cuts of your meat/poultry/seafood and flash freeze it on Monday. This is much fresher than what you get in the grocery store. They guarantee the freshness and quality of their product (in the freezer) for two years, I believe. They will also replace the food under many "no fault of the consumer" conditions.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 13,671 times
Thumbs up Healthier option fits the budget

We have tried lots of different ways to eat healthier but the cost seems to be high. With Passanante's we have been so relieved. We started using the product 7 months ago. It comes frozen, individually sealed, and the meat is the healthier options. Catle that roam without injections of steroids, free range chickens...not in a cage, that kind of stuff. The taste has been better, and we have noticed health benefits. Once you eat it, you won't want the cheap stuff again.
What really was the kicker was this summer when the electric was out for 3 days. The restaurant-level freezer kept it all frozen. However, Passananete's promised to replace anything that went bad...free of charge!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,426,004 times
Are there any other company shills that would like to register today to make their first post about the greatness of Passante's? Pitiful Passante's, pitiful.

To give you an actual review, I have had some orders of delivery meat before (different brand though). If you are looking to save time from not having to go shopping, it may be worth it. The stuff is individually wrapped so it saves you from having to cut/wrap yourself. If you are expecting an in home Ruth Chris level steak dining experience you be disappointed. It's just meat and whether it is frozen by them and delivered, or you buy it in the grocery store (they do sell organic meat too) and freeze it yourself when you get home at the end of the day it's still just frozen meat. It is not a cheaper way to eat healthier because you can buy the same meat on special at any grocery store (and not pay the extra for delivery), but I'm sure another shill will chime in to tell me how wrong I am.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,515,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
Are there any other company shills that would like to register today to make their first post about the greatness of Passante's? Pitiful Passante's, pitiful.

To give you an actual review, I have had some orders of delivery meat before (different brand though). If you are looking to save time from not having to go shopping, it may be worth it. The stuff is individually wrapped so it saves you from having to cut/wrap yourself. If you are expecting an in home Ruth Chris level steak dining experience you be disappointed. It's just meat and whether it is frozen by them and delivered, or you buy it in the grocery store (they do sell organic meat too) and freeze it yourself when you get home at the end of the day it's still just frozen meat. It is not a cheaper way to eat healthier because you can buy the same meat on special at any grocery store (and not pay the extra for delivery), but I'm sure another shill will chime in to tell me how wrong I am.
I ordered from a similar service. Very high quality meat most of it was great. BUT it was expensive as all get-out and it still had to be cooked right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia