U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 AM

3,025 posts, read 7,309,974 times
Quote:
Germantown, Maryland...It's a no-brainer...has everything...look around Rechter Farm Road
My sister in law lived in codos right off of Rechter farm rd. nice area with lots of shopping etc...

This area is also easy to get to the Rockville train station for getting into DC.

Montgomery village is a nice neighborhood as well.

I agree finding a house for 1800/ month is going to be just about impossible 30-45 min from washingon.

an hour out you have a better chance falls church/ vienna for metro. If driving look in fairfax and centerville (more like 90min) Reston etc...
There's a 3 bedroom in Ballston for 2100 (house-457371752@craigslist)

check craigs list it's mostly TH that are under 1800. but a few SFH. if you can push it up to 2200 you have a better chance. (there'a 3 bedroom row house for 2395 in captiol hill)

***I found you a TH with a fenced backyard that backs to playground...
3bedroom 2.5 bath near Vienna metro (so it says...) on craigs list... hous-457907776
It's 1950/month a bit over but not much...esp if it's very close to the metro!!

*(I do not know the owner ...just was googling on craigs list.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 06:25 PM

19,178 posts, read 18,950,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
***I found you a TH with a fenced backyard that backs to playground... 3bedroom 2.5 bath near Vienna metro (so it says...) on craigs list... hous-457907776 It's 1950/month a bit over but not much...esp if it's very close to the metro!!
It's in Linden Square. I have a good friend who has lived there for about ten years, so I've been there often. Can't vouch for the interior of this place, but the statements about the exterior are all true. Lots of trees, not a lot of open space...kind of comfy and cozy. The complex backs up to East Blake Lane Park, which is likely the playground site. Homes are well built, well maintained. Nice enough area. Not too much right nearby, but it's close to lots and lots and lots of stuff. The walk to the Vienna Metro is just over a mile from the front of the complex. It's worth the bus most days...unless you could cut through the park. There used to be a bike trail through that ran right to the station, but I don't know if it's still there...

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM

10 posts, read 36,652 times
Check out Jefferson Manor in Alexandria. Walking distance to metro and lots of young families like yours. I live there with my dog and have met lots of young mothers in the neighborhood. They are duplexes with a yard and driveways so it would be more like a single family home feel than an apt and I bet it'd be in your price range. Good luck!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

18 posts, read 61,870 times
20001 is a pretty big zip code! You never mentioned the guys hours, that also helps with DC traffic, etc.

Del Ray (north of Alexandria off Rt. 1, Jeff Davis Hwy) is young and hip. You'll find something right up your alley there, there are lots of bungalows and townhouses in that price range. You may also be able to go further south into Alexandria. The commutes not bad from Alexandria and you can take metro.

Right now you'll find lots of places in that range in Metro DC.

Bowie, Crofton, Annapolis, MD (45 mins out) are also nice since the commute will take him off Rt. 50. Nice part is you don't worry about sun delay.

Chevy Chase MD, Bethesda, MD and heading north (Gaithersburg, MD) etc is a great idea only if he's going to be taking metro. The drive can be hell. It's hard to drive into that part of the city during rush hour. I'd stay south or northeast of the metro area. Heading out of DC into MD towards the east may force you to drive through some ugly parts. As long as you head due east on 50, no problems, it's very safe. You'll also be able to find something really nice into the Annapolis area.

I've lived all over the DC metro so feel free to ask me questions.

Thanks.

Janine

Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 PM

7 posts, read 11,830 times
Smile VA Areas near fairfax,frederick, washington dc

Hi Guys,many thanks for all the replys, we have been told that my husband will be working between three areas, frederick, Fairfax, Washington Dc so we need to now find a area to live that is commutable to all sites, please help!!!

Same details as before just differnt areas.

Thanks again!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia