U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 PM

291 posts, read 494,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereinVA View Post
I've heard a few complaints about PW hospital. We're generally healthy and have only had to use the emergency room twice, and both times were happy with our experience. I actually had an AWFUL experience with a horribly rude nurse the one (and only) time I had to use Inova Fairfax.
Sorry for your experience at Fairfax. You know I guess it can be hit or miss. My one and only emergency visit at PW was a nightmare. Other people had told me that they had experienced the same. My husband swore that day when I was in the emergency room that we would never return...I told him some times we don't have a choice. I will say that my ex-SIL is a nurse and lived in Manassas for many years and purposely chose not to work at PW when her commute time would have been terrific. But, an ex-boss had her baby there and loved everything about the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 PM

15 posts, read 20,759 times
Well I will be in Gainesville next weekend checking on my house building progress. I think I will walk around a few hospitals over the weekend and see how many people are nice in the hallways and look like they enjoy their jobs

Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 PM

421 posts, read 819,711 times
If you want to see people happy with their jobs in the hallways, do yourself a favor and skip Prince William. If you want to see stress and misery, carry on.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:01 PM

11,387 posts, read 20,190,818 times
I don't know how happy they are at Inova either (I wouldn't be w/those hrs. and staff cuts)

Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 PM

181 posts, read 368,928 times
Hospital Infection Rates.......Yikes!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM

2,612 posts, read 4,758,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrey View Post
Those are way outdated - PW has improved a lot recently. In fact, I think they might have the lowest rate right now. However, the nurses there are awful and miserable and mean, as are the majority of employees. INOVA Fairfax and Fair Oaks are much better.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM

15 posts, read 20,759 times
While I was in Gainesville last week I drove to both Prince William Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks. I wanted to just walk around, see the buildings, check out the cafeteria, waiting rooms, etc. I can say that both hospitals make my hospital in New Mexico look like a dump! I felt like I was in a hotel in the Virginia hospitals. Both hospitals seemed nice on the superficial level. I look forward to coming back in a few months and actually interviewing for jobs and seeing the units up close. Hopefully the pay scale is ok as well, they actually pay really well out here in New Mexico ($40/hr) with a much cheaper cost of living.

Thanks for the input

Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM

35 posts, read 65,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFan View Post
I'm not in the health field but experienced quite a bit with my parents (who are now deceased), DH and I and other family members. Fair Oaks and Fairfax were excellent. Prince William I am not a fan of and I live in this county. The emergency room there was SAD!

You could do a reverse commute and consider this hospital which has grown quite a bit over the years and I have heard good things about.

Fauquier Health | Fauquier Hospital in Warrenton, Virginia
Would you mind sharing why you feel the ER at PW Hospital is "SAD"?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM

35 posts, read 65,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimoyni View Post
While I was in Gainesville last week I drove to both Prince William Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks. I wanted to just walk around, see the buildings, check out the cafeteria, waiting rooms, etc. I can say that both hospitals make my hospital in New Mexico look like a dump! I felt like I was in a hotel in the Virginia hospitals. Both hospitals seemed nice on the superficial level. I look forward to coming back in a few months and actually interviewing for jobs and seeing the units up close. Hopefully the pay scale is ok as well, they actually pay really well out here in New Mexico ($40/hr) with a much cheaper cost of living.

Thanks for the input
PW Hospital gets a bad rap at times, in my opinion much of it is linked to the negative perception of PW county as a whole. I personally know several doctors and nurses there and many are talented, knowledgeable, and capable. There are also some ok ones, which could be said and applied to other more desirable hospitals throughout the country.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,730,427 times
I have to say that I've been to the ER at Fair Oaks for my son and once at PW. Maybe I hit both at the right/wrong time, but PW won hands down in terms of wait time, concern, action, etc. I've been to PW for CT scans, bloodwork, etc and have always found everyone to be professional, helpful, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia