U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 PM

467 posts, read 1,335,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug07Gti View Post

This place (Attman's Delicatessen - Baltimore Maryland - Corned Beef - Pastrami - Sandwiches - Lunch) is coming to Potomac this spring and is supposed to be great!

Here is an article: Attman's Deli opening Potomac location - Baltimore Business Journal

Hope that helps!
Attman's is amazing - its the "real deal". They catered a social event that my family held, and it was very good food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 AM

493 posts, read 1,008,471 times
I would absolutely drive to Potomac to taste Attman's food.

Chutzpah is where I go, but not because I've done any comparisons -- it's just convenient for shopping trips to that strip-mall-heavy area. It also has very good potato knishes (IMHO).

Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 AM

301 posts, read 586,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
Chutzpah in Fairfax/Fair Oaks area. Bit of a hike from Arlington, but if you can like it, you can get some deli to-go as well.
Chutzpah has a location in Tysons as well...more convenient to Arlington.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM

303 posts, read 808,224 times
Koshermart in Rockville has great lean corned beef, but it's a bit of a hike. There's a restaurant attached, to rest your weary self after your long Beltway journey.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 AM

687 posts, read 1,128,247 times
None of these delis are really kosher. Even the famous ones in New York City like Katz's and Carnegie are "kosher style."

Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 AM

8,777 posts, read 10,684,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
None of these delis are really kosher. Even the famous ones in New York City like Katz's and Carnegie are "kosher style."

Eli's is. Under the Vaad of Washington. I'm pretty sure there are well known kosher ones in NY too, though the only one I've been to in the last decade is 2nd Avenue deli, whose kashrut status is rejected by many.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM

8,555 posts, read 12,636,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
OP didn't ask for kosher. Anyway, Koshermart in Rockville that someone mentioned is kosher.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM

10,830 posts, read 26,363,474 times
Wagshal's in Tenleytown is a place that I have not seen mentioned so far, but it would rank among the best in corned beef, at least according to someone to whom I am close who eats corned beef sandwiches. The Parkway is also on the short list, from what I can remember, along with Attman's.

Wagshal's | A Family of Fine Foods Since 1925

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM

493 posts, read 1,008,471 times
Have any of you been to Koshermart recently? Last time I went was a few years ago. It looked a bit run-down to me, and even tho it's Kosher, I didn't really want to eat there... My nephew and his girlfriend went, tho. They're strictly Kosher, so the allure of a pastrami dog they could eat was pretty strong.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 AM

8,777 posts, read 10,684,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by persnicketygal View Post
Have any of you been to Koshermart recently? Last time I went was a few years ago. It looked a bit run-down to me, and even tho it's Kosher, I didn't really want to eat there... My nephew and his girlfriend went, tho. They're strictly Kosher, so the allure of a pastrami dog they could eat was pretty strong.

We've gotten more strict in our observance recently (a long story I'd prefer not to go into) but that has coincided with an increase in kosher offerings (esp meat, where we are more strict) at the Fair City Shoppers and at Trader Joe's, so we have not been to Koshermart in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia