Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Is there any particular reason why you DON'T want to look at IKEA furniture? It's not all low-end junk. There are several really nice computer desks in their current lineup that are well-built and affordable.
I don't opposed IKEA per-say but they can't be the only option out there. Make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 AM

271 posts, read 446,457 times
You can try Green Front in Manassas. For what they offer they "can" have some good deals my rule of thumb for them is to directly ask for 20% off their floor price. However, if Ikea is your target budget there might be some sticker shock at Green Front. To add to another poster, we have some odds and ends from Ikea, no furniture (picture frames, kitchen utensils etc), but Ikea can have some good stuff for the price for sure.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:27 AM

210 posts, read 1,139,139 times
Thumbs up Belfort Furniture

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. After a week of looking for reasonable furniture stores in the Leesburg area. I checked this thread. We decided to give Belfort Furniture a try. Very pleased as they had a huge selection from lower priced to Upscale. We purchased several items we were in need of and it is being delivered today.
Could not ask for better customer service. They let us take our time and there was no pressure to make a decision.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM

349 posts, read 1,430,625 times
I would look for quality pieces 2nd hand through Craigslist, auctions, etc. You'll get a much better quality piece that will last vice a flimsy piece of furniture that will fall apart in time and need to be replaced.

For first hand items a couple stores not mentioned are CB2 and West Elm though neither is very high quality, but they are a step up from IKEA/Big-Box stores.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Just went to Bob's on the Pike. Depends what you're looking for....tons of stuff, low-end. CB2 is good, but its more contempory, West Elm is good, but expensive. IKEA still a good deal.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
Just went to Bob's on the Pike. Depends what you're looking for....tons of stuff, low-end. CB2 is good, but its more contempory, West Elm is good, but expensive. IKEA still a good deal.
This place?

Bob's Discount Furniture

I wasn't sure if Bob's or Bob's on the Pike was the name. Unless by pike, you were referencing Leesburg Pike or Little River Turnpike.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I would look for quality pieces 2nd hand through Craigslist, auctions, etc. You'll get a much better quality piece that will last vice a flimsy piece of furniture that will fall apart in time and need to be replaced.
I've never actually shopped through Craigslist. I've always had the predisposition that a ton scam artists use Craigslist. Is that prevalent on there?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 PM

349 posts, read 1,430,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I've never actually shopped through Craigslist. I've always had the predisposition that a ton scam artists use Craigslist. Is that prevalent on there?
A few years ago I bought a glass coffee and end table for $100 that I still have. This isn't cheap glass either; it's thick glass that doesn't scratch or chip. New it would probably be over $500.

I've mostly used Craigslist for buying gym and sports equipment (60%+ off retail in near mint condition), but I've sold some good pieces of furniture on Craigslist for what I thought were good deals vs buying new.

There are some scam artists out there, but they usually show themselves quickly. e.g. Recently I was buying a new free weight bench and a guy tried to pull a bait and switch on me. A few days later I found the same bench for $100 less from a reputable seller. My advice is if it smells fishy on Craigslist, just walk away.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
The whole process of Craigslist (not the potential scammers) is what turns me off.

"Oh, I love that sofa! What a great price! Well, I have to drive to Woodbridge quickly to get it, but it's worth it!"

Likely Option 1 - you get to Woodbridge and the item is already gone.
Likely Option 2 - you get to Woodbridge and the sellers are nowhere to be found.
Likely Option 3 - you get to Woodbridge and the quality (size, shape, fabric, etc) is not what you expected.

Unlikely Option - you get the "deal" you were looking for.

Personally, I'm fine paying more not having to deal with the above.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
You may want to try Consignment Solutions. They have a store in Leesburg and Manassas. They started as a storefront to sell model home furniture......and recently added high end consignments (or better condition). The pieces have scheduled mark downs and they have a huge desk inventory in Leesburg (the larger of the two stores). I've found several pieces in both stores that are valued additions to my home, as well as, some amazing affordable lamps. Stock changes frequently, prices in every range.

Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia