Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:50 PM

38 posts, read 84,273 times

Advertisements

I am considering living in the middle of DC and Fredericksburg. These cities came up alot on this forum. But Which one is biggest? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
None are truly cities. Dumfries is a town but parts of PWC surrounding the town goes by Dumfries as well. All of the others are just large neighborhoods in PW or FX counties.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Woodbridge, from what you listed. but thats partly due to Dale City being under the Woodbridge umbrella..

Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,140,103 times
Like Bigfoot said, these are merely post office names. The whole area is pretty continuous. So there are no distinct boundaries or areas, more like the bottom end of a smear that drags on up to Baltimore.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,528,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
Woodbridge, from what you listed. but thats partly due to Dale City being under the Woodbridge umbrella..
Don't forget Lake Ridge as well. Woodbridge is like its own little world and almost everything you need can be found in or around Potomac mills... I prefer the Old bridge side versus the Rt. 1 side though.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
Don't forget Lake Ridge as well. Woodbridge is like its own little world and almost everything you need can be found in or around Potomac mills... I prefer the Old bridge side versus the Rt. 1 side though.
Yeah that is Lake Ridge on Old Bridge Road. I live in that area and love it, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. If my memory serves me correct the OP was looking for something that was at least quasi urban. Lake Ridge isn't that place. To me Lake Ridge is perfect for families, but not necessarily someone living the single life that likes to get out a lot. If the OP wants that type of vibe in the the Prince William County/South Fairfax area, then I would recommend either the area near Potomac Town Center or maybe even Kingstowne in Fairfax.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM

23 posts, read 58,074 times
Default Woodbridge is the middle

I would say Woodbridge is the largest of the cities you listed; it is also the midpoint between DC and F'burg. Woodbridge consist of many neighborhoods including: Marumsco, Rippon, Dale City, Rollingwood and Lake Ridge....The latter prefers not to think of themselves as part of Woodbridge, but the US Post Office and Census Bureau says otherwise. Woodbridge is great community if you looking for easy access to 95 and Route 1. It is family oriented and includes all of your typical chain stores and restaurants. There are plenty of civic organizations that provide volunteer opportunities in the community as well as Houses of Worship. The schools in the area are decent, but I have to admit the best schools are in the Lake Ridge section. As far as demographics, Woodbridge is both socially and economically diverse. You have millionaires and welfare recipients that reside here. As others have stated, some areas are better than others, but this varies by subdivision NOT neighborhood. For example, you will read many post on this forum that will lead you to believe that all the communities within the 22191 and 22192 zip codes are ghetto. This is NOT true. There are sections within these communities that are less than desirable, on the flip side you also have have homes in 22191 and 22192 that are selling for over $500K, so please don't be mislead by the ignorance of others in this forum. Your best bet is to find an area that you like and then visit the neighborhood in the evening and on the weekends. Then you will get a feel for what the area is like.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
If you notice the OP never came back. Seems to be the norm around here.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:40 AM

9 posts, read 11,349 times
How is the commute from Woodbride/Dale City to Fredericksburg. My shift would be 230-11pm. Any idea?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Scientist View Post
How is the commute from Woodbride/Dale City to Fredericksburg. My shift would be 230-11pm. Any idea?
should be pretty easy being you're going the opposite way of traffic. this isn't taking into account the constant construction on 95, but you do have RTE1 that you can hop onto if need be.

figure 30 minutes or so with no traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia