Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 AM

367 posts, read 884,617 times

Advertisements

Live in tysons, the metro will be right there and it will be a hop skip in a jump. to rent a room in DC and not work in DC is not feesable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM

1,223 posts, read 2,266,259 times
Studios are a great option as well. I'm sure you can get a 1BR in a further location, but I don't think its worth it if you are young.

Here is one in Ballston that I found on craigslist for example.
The Chatham: Efficiency Condo, Utilities, Parking, Storage Included

Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM

301 posts, read 691,413 times
If you're young and single and want some nightlife and be relatively close to Tysons, move to N. Arlington (Ballston/Clarendon). You'll be going against traffic and Arlington is a hip area full of young professionals/recent college grads. The commute would probably be no more than 20 or 25 minutes. Do not move to Alexandria...it's too far with the traffic you'd encounter on the beltway. You'll definitely find something in Arlington for $1,300 as long as you're willing to split a place with someone.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,317,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szabon View Post
1300 is a pretty rough budget. You might be looking at renting a room in a townhouse, or a basement. I would check Craigslist, just be a bit weary. If you are willing to extend your drive to 45 minutes, you can look around Reston. Some nice areas there, plus all the trails/pools/etc. And there is Reston Town Center which is a lot of fun. If not, Ballston is a good bet, but I don't know if you will find much for your price range. Especially right now. Prices are highest in the summer due to everyone moving. If you can get a temporary for a few months and look in the winter, you might be better off.
Nah, 1300 with a room mate gives you plenty of options at a 2br in Tysons. Commons of McLean if you find a roommate you can probably even get a two story.

Some of the units around Westpark where I live go around 1700-3000 for 2 brs also. Ones that are above 3000 for 2brs are really nice but if you just are looking for a good place to be home camp and not too baller, there should be plenty of options.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,317,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolli71 View Post
If you're young and single and want some nightlife and be relatively close to Tysons, move to N. Arlington (Ballston/Clarendon). You'll be going against traffic and Arlington is a hip area full of young professionals/recent college grads. The commute would probably be no more than 20 or 25 minutes. Do not move to Alexandria...it's too far with the traffic you'd encounter on the beltway. You'll definitely find something in Arlington for $1,300 as long as you're willing to split a place with someone.
Commuting from Arlington to Tysons is not against traffic. In 2003 it might have been, but that is no longer the case. The clear direction of traffic is now to Tysons even from Arlington, which makes sense considering there are more jobs in the Dulles Corridor than in Arlington.

Don't make me pull out my pictures of I-66 east bound in the afternoon inside of 267!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia