Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 9,028 times

Advertisements

I have resisted posting on this thread probably for much the same reasons as Bigfoot wisely decided to stop posting in it. But after reading all of the threads there's an underlying question that just bugs me I have to get out - Why do so many people always assume in these situations that an officer used excessive force?

Now I certainly will not say it doesn't happen because yes, sure it does.. but that is the exception, not the rule. Please note that my question is not necessarily in reference to this particular scenario as I dont know all the facts nor does anyone posting I would imagine. But I for one will certainly believe the officers acted in the proper manner , especially considered a knife was involved , until it is shown otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 11:37 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
At this point we should all just wait for the the video to be made pubic. It needs to be soon too or it's going to start to look fishy.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM

11 posts, read 11,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
At this point we should all just wait for the the video to be made pubic. It needs to be soon too or it's going to start to look fishy.
So you have spent 8 pages criticizing Loudoun County PD and now you are saying "we should all wait for the video?"

Clearly you too have mental issues, pepper spraying yourself in the shower and thinking that the world is made of candy and Unicorns...

Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillTheBox View Post
So you have spent 8 pages criticizing Loudoun County PD and now you are saying "we should all wait for the video?"

Clearly you too have mental issues, pepper spraying yourself in the shower and thinking that the world is made of candy and Unicorns...
You obviously have problems with reading comprehension. I didn't say I sprayed myself. I sprayed a little on a wall then breathed in the fumes to see how how potent the stuff is. And it's plenty potent. When (and if) they release the video I'll be interested in seeing what your take on this incident is, if you've got the stomach to watch it.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:23 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,466,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Next time, just wait until the video (or details) are out before blabbering and ranting aimlessly (no pun intended)!!!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
I'm not sure what to think here. The details are really vague. They keep saying that there were multiple shots fired, which I think is getting people to assume that she was hit multiple times, but that is not clear because it could be that one of those shots actually hit her. Then I don't understand if she was advancing in a threatening manner or if she just simply kept walking forward, ignoring the police commands. Regardless, this is a very crazy situation. It's hard to imagine police means of subduing this woman was the to fire shots in a store with hundreds of people, but maybe there is much more to this we are not hearing. Doesn't look good the way it's being reported. I hope the truth comes out soon.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,316,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
It's hard to imagine police means of subduing this woman was the to fire shots in a store with hundreds of people, but maybe there is much more to this we are not hearing. Doesn't look good the way it's being reported. I hope the truth comes out soon.
I can definitely imagine a scenario where that was necessary. What if she all of a sudden charged the officers with the knife or was advancing very aggressively. I know if the officer was my wife or mom or dad I'd want them to do whatever they needed to to protect themselves and remain alive. Maybe that didn't happen at all and the officers were too quick with the trigger. Stories like this always get people fired up but usually there's way too much speculation going on.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
I can definitely imagine a scenario where that was necessary. What if she all of a sudden charged the officers with the knife or was advancing very aggressively. I know if the officer was my wife or mom or dad I'd want them to do whatever they needed to to protect themselves and remain alive. Maybe that didn't happen at all and the officers were too quick with the trigger. Stories like this always get people fired up but usually there's way too much speculation going on.
And that was my point. I think if she was charging the officer it changes the way this story is viewed completely different. I definitely would understand the actions if that was the case.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,316,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
And that was my point. I think if she was charging the officer it changes the way this story is viewed completely different. I definitely would understand the actions if that was the case.
Right. I just don't think it's hard to imagine a knife wielding woman putting them in that position, like you said. I think people are too hard on police officers alot of the time, thinking their sole job is to serve and protect. They also have to look out for themselves too.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,195,398 times
If the officers were running through the aisles courched down, as at least one report said, then they had preconceived notions of what was going down - WAY wrong preconceived notions. This had to have affected their thought processes.

A number of folks have said that Costco is full of cameras. Though I've personally never seen evidence of these cameras in any Costco anywhere other than near checkout and over jewelry, it'll be interesting to see any recorded video that exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia