Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:06 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,551,890 times

Advertisements

When custom home builders try to become politicians, prison for someone is practically guaranteed at some point. I'm sure someone somewhere with some agency has already started a file, ready and waiting..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,315,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
When custom home builders try to become politicians, prison for someone is practically guaranteed at some point. I'm sure someone somewhere with some agency has already started a file, ready and waiting..
I hear George Bluthe Senior builds custom homes too

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
@YF, I dont know Joe May personally.
So in other words, all talk, no action.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
So in other words, all talk, no action.
I support plenty of people who live in my jurisdiction. Why in god's sake would I volunteer for someone whose district I don't even live in. Its like when very important figures in the republican party nationally were knocked out by a bunch of idiot teabaggers. I was resentful about that as well, but I wasnt going to go stump for them either.

If you want to know who I appreciate who represents me? Chap Peterson (D) is a hell of a representative. Seriously one hell of a informed, moderate, and thoughtful politician who even when democrats were caving on the transportation bill in order to get medicaid would not vote to allow Richmond to lessen its mandated obligations to the people of Fairfax.

I appreciate the work of John Cook (R), who isnt my board representative, but is my parents and works hard for his constituents, is moderate, and understands the role of transit and land use in improving residents lives.

I appreciate former Senator Jim Webb, who had integrity and reluctantly served as a duty to his son, not for power.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Why in god's sake would I volunteer for someone whose district I don't even live in. .
Because you feel strongly enough about it to rant and rave and rant some more. But only after the fact. Oh, wait -- ranting is how you go through life. At least online.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Because you feel strongly enough about it to rant and rave and rant some more. But only after the fact. Oh, wait -- ranting is how you go through life. At least online.
Its cathartic, and like I said, I do what I can for the policy makers who represent me. Enjoy David LaRock. I'm sure he'll make the 33rd proud

Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Its cathartic
Yes, and much easier than actually doing something.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, and much easier than actually doing something.
Ok. Cool deal guy.

You are right. Enjoy David LaRock

I'll be over here "doing nothing"

Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Quote:
Ok. Cool deal guy.

You are right. Enjoy David LaRock

I'll be over here "doing nothing"
Tysonsengineer. Do you even live in that district?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Tysonsengineer. Do you even live in that district?
Read the thread. I never said I do. I do however live in the Commonwealth as I always have, and the election of LaRock to be a representative of NOVA could have direct impact to my life through decisions he will make in Richmond. I complain about the dangerous comments of Michelle Bachmann all the time too, but I'm not from Minnesota's 1st district. Does that mean that when she implies, scratch that she explicitly states, middle easterners (or indians sometimes) in the government are spies for the muslim brotherhood, that I shouldn't be offended and concerned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia