Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 AM

617 posts, read 1,356,319 times

Advertisements

Slim, if you were a breakfast food, it would be "wrong on toast." Have you ridden Intimidator. High G's, for sure. But I thought it was incredibly smooth. I won't make the same argument for the Flight of Fear, the Grizzley, or the Shockwave...those can hurt. But Intimidator was nice...or as nice as it can be when you're going at the ungodly speeds it takes you through. I always thought Volcano was rather smooth as well, though obviously you're not really going to be thrown into the sides of anything when you're in a hanging coaster. Shoot, the Rebel Yell doesn't even go fast enough to hurt at this point. The last time I rode it (my perception may be off from riding super rides beforehand) I didn't know if it would actually make it through the hills. I felt like I could have hopped out at anytime with no damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM

158 posts, read 216,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What's Six Flags like now? I've heard that it's better than in the past, but some are still not fans.
Six Flags is the worse amusement park I have ever visited. There is a reason why it is almost free to go to. Broken rides, employees rude to guests, lots of baby mamas walking around, fights.

In fact I had such a horrible experience, I went out the next day shorted 3k shares of their stock.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times
Speaking of Kings Dominion, would you guys say that this is a good deal?

https://www.livingsocial.com/cities/...kings-dominion

Quote:
• $62 ($123 value) for two single-day admission tickets to Kings Dominion
• Two parks in one: amusement park with thrill rides & family rides + WaterWorks
I haven't been there since 1994 (when I was 8) so it's been too long, haha!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:26 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post

I saw that deal. I think it's good. $32 for a day pass is about what I get it for through the military rec center which is about the best deal around.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:47 AM

531 posts, read 1,428,781 times
Quote:

I saw this deal yesterday and bought the tickets. It is a good deal. Cheaper than Aaa price.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvine View Post
If you can spare a couple extra hours, Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is a much nicer park. It's a theme park and an amusement park. Kings Dominion is fun, but it's more of an amusement park. I have fond memories of visiting both parks growing up.

Stay away from Six Flags.
Busch Gardens is boring.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 PM

50 posts, read 122,615 times
If you go to KD, ride the berserker. It's unlike any ride you've ever been on.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 AM

15 posts, read 28,274 times
Default Kings Dominion for 4/5 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
Since the post is already a little off topic, can I ask how KD is for a 4 or 5 year old? Do they have a lot of things for that age? I don't want to make the longer trip to BG with a small child.
Yes, just took two 5 year old boys there a couple weeks ago and it was great. Lots of rides for them to do together, some good rides for them to do with adults, and then the waterpark. I thought it was great for them and they had a blast.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:12 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:

Thanks for that. I Googled for discounts and the best I found was 34 each for certain times (retailmenot.com). This is cheaper and less restrictive.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:05 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
i haven't been back to kings dominion ever since paramount ditched. the place has gone a bit downhill in terms of the populace that attends it. if you have a small kid and if the scooby doo ride is there, get em on it. I always had fun taking my small cousins on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia