Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times

Advertisements

I thought every kids is a special butterfly and deserves only to get into TJ? you know you're spoiled when you have parents think of falls church hs as some sort of inner city school with metal detectors and cops with bullet proof vests.

if I were a parent, I'd be more worried about your kid drinking and driving, getting into heavy drugs and being an addict than gangs. it doesn't matter how "smart" you feel your precious butter is, at some point kids get tired of the pressure from parents and some lean into drugs to cope with their parental units. I'd know, I met some who did that during my time in marshall HS years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermom02 View Post
Hello,

I have a question for anyobe who can help me. I moved last may from my old neighborhood here in ffx co to another neighborhood still here in ffx co. My kud is in 7th grade and being severly bullied and treated as an outcast at her current school. I dont know what to do. Ive gone to speak to my kids teachers, her 7th grade counselor, her 7th grade principal and I never get any feedback and this is still continuing to the point that my kid cries and doesnt want to go to school anymore and begs me to not send her. There is a middle school still here in ffx co 2 lights up the street from the middle school my kid attends. Can I request a transfer out from one school to another and how do I go about doing so? Im desperate please if anyone is reading this any tips or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you
I'm so sorry this is happening to your daughter. Call your school board member and get them to help you out.

I'm always astounded by this type of bullying and the failure of schools to do anything about it, but too many administrators keep letting it happen.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,868,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I thought every kids is a special butterfly and deserves only to get into TJ? you know you're spoiled when you have parents think of falls church hs as some sort of inner city school with metal detectors and cops with bullet proof vests.

if I were a parent, I'd be more worried about your kid drinking and driving, getting into heavy drugs and being an addict than gangs. it doesn't matter how "smart" you feel your precious butter is, at some point kids get tired of the pressure from parents and some lean into drugs to cope with their parental units. I'd know, I met some who did that during my time in marshall HS years ago.
Sheesh, look at the dates of the posts. There were posts two years ago about trying to use to the transfer system to get into a better school pyramid from where they live.

It was revived by someone that wants to know about transfers due to bullying of their child. There is no need for snark if you can't be helpful.

For the bullying, FCPS has a resource page and coordinator Fairfax County Public Schools Bullying Prevention

I'd read all the material and contact Mr. Jones.

Unfortunately, I suspect that transfers to deal with bullying is probably not a quick or easy remedy, but who knows?

If you go the private school route and can't afford it, some private schools might take into account the bullying for tuition grants or admissions, but you'll probably need the support of at least one teacher and/or school counselor to help legitimize your claim and to provide comfort to them you child is not the real troublemaker. So there is no need to antagonize the teachers if they don't do all that you think they can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia