Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM

39 posts, read 66,285 times

Advertisements

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Robinson's High School. I'm looking at a neighborhood that's in the Robinson High School district. From my reading it doesnt seem to be the best nor the worst in fairfax county. What does everyone think?

Also curious about Bonnie Brae Elementary? Good/bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,064,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clock245 View Post
Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Robinson's High School. I'm looking at a neighborhood that's in the Robinson High School district. From my reading it doesnt seem to be the best nor the worst in fairfax county. What does everyone think?

Also curious about Bonnie Brae Elementary? Good/bad?
It's a secondary school, so students in grades 7-12 attend Robinson. Not sure if this is still true, but at various times it's been the largest school in the state, even though there are other schools that have more high school students than Robinson. It just got a new principal. My impression is that, if you can get past the sheer size of the place, people seem to like it a lot.

One good thing about Robinson is that it's big enough that it offers both IB and AP courses. In Fairfax County, schools usually are either IB or AP schools, but Robinson has both types of courses, though it doesn't offer as many AP courses as the all-AP schools.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,087,732 times
It has about 4000 students, so it is the largest in the state in terms of students in one spot, but its high school enrollment is fourth (after T.C. Williams, Westfield, and Osbourn Park)

Old 07-14-2013, 05:55 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,130,428 times
Bonnie Brae and Robinson are good schools. Actually the only not so good school in Fairfax is Ft Belvior and that is all military kids and even still not a bad school.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:28 PM

2,612 posts, read 5,574,350 times
We live in the Bonnie Brae and Robinson district. Everyone we know is happy with both of them. We haven't actually started Kindergarten yet, so I can't be sure first hand, but I researched BB very carefully before we bought this house.

I am dubious about the excellence of any public school (having worked in one here), but no more so about BB than any other. Robinson is a long way off for us, so we have decided to cross that bridge when we come to it. As you said, it's neither the best nor particularly undesirable, and I haven't heard anything bad about it from all the neighbors whose kids go there.

I'm not sure about the size thing - is it that the high school itself is so big, or is that not accounting for the fact that it's a secondary school, so it actually consists of a junior high and high school together?

Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM

526 posts, read 898,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post

I'm not sure about the size thing - is it that the high school itself is so big, or is that not accounting for the fact that it's a secondary school, so it actually consists of a junior high and high school together?
Both. It's big because it has 6 grades in it, but it also has a lot of kids per grade. I think this year they graduated close to 800 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia