Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,315,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diogenes_ View Post
This guy was asking for it, he filmed himself loading a shotgun IN DC, and then was too stupid to throw away his EXTREMELY illegal drugs. Did he not expect that he might get a visit from the police? This guy has been making a name for himself by being a nuisance about everything, and now he might get slapped back to reality.

Be upset about the real display of over the top police when they do things like kill that woman in Costco or shoot that woman in culpepper, don't be upset when they need to take down an armed lunatic who is trying to incite a riot everywhere he goes.
Bingo bango, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOCCC View Post
The police used low-flying helicopters and shock grenades and then beat him up. Does anyone know what cops were involved, especially if they were from Fairfax County? One article said that the Park Police charged him, but he's being held in the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and will go before a FC judge on Thursday.

I don't care about his opinions. I just don't want police-state tactics going on in my county.

» Adam Kokesh Raided By “Storm Trooper” Cops Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
This will answer your questions.

http://adamvstheman.com/

Old 07-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaOne View Post
It's a little sad on both sides.

I don't believe in civil disobedience; it's just an excuse for adults to behave like children. It's one thing if we lived in an oppressive regime of some sort, but in the US there are plenty of effective avenues to get your agenda heard and accomplished without breaking laws. The reason we have a system of government and courts is so that individual nut jobs don't impose their interpretation of freedom on others. I am not saying this guy is a nut job, but he broke the law, and acted in an aggressive manner to imply violent intentions. I certainly felt threatened while watching his video.

Disclosure: I am an NRA member and own multiple instances of a fire arm.
Yeah, Rosa Parks was just a petulant child.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
An armed felon who has admitted he would use violence...seems justified to me. Perhaps you should use legit sources for news.
He's not a felon.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
oh yes, I'm sure this guy would have surrendered peacefully
He always does.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
This isn't some mafioso, nor is this an indication of the well being and safety of this neighborhood. Its some idiot who thinks free speech extends to threats and breaking laws given to the states and jurisdictions with the hope that the federal government will bail him out.

Turns out, this guy who is probably a fan of states rights, is about to see what happens when you disobey a states laws. PS defending a drug addict with an arsenal is a strange stance to take don't cha think?
He's not a drug addict, he doesn't have an arsenal, and D.C. is not a state.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsmom View Post
isn't he the one who runs infowars with his multiple roommates?
no - he runs Adam Vs The Man | Anchoring the Internet 7 Days a Week

Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He's not a felon.
He committed a felony. It seems that we've located the Adam Kokesh PR department.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
And I am disappointed that someone thinks that a person who goes on the internet, threatens to start an armed revolution as part of a march on washington, breaks one law on film, and then goes home to where he has felony quantities of narcotics should play by a different set of laws as a person who isn't privledged, gets pulled over and asked for his "papers", his car is searched, and he is deported or incarcerated for a minuscule amount of marijuana.

When the second case starts outraging infowars as much as this jack-off, I'll start worrying about the "police state" till then, I think this follows every law on the books and every constitutionally upheld standard for law enforcement. If the police kicked him, then I will await him proving that in court as well, just as I will await to hear his defense as to why he is innocent the multiple illegal acts he is now facing.

Any amount of mushrooms is a felony in VA - there was not a 'felony level' in the way you meant that.

Mushrooms being so high on the list is odd to me.

They list meth as being less dangerous and having medicinal qualities - VA's ideas about drugs and the laws are very strange.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
He committed a felony. It seems that we've located the Adam Kokesh PR department.
He did indeed - so at this point he is felonious. But until/if he is convicted, he is not a felon.

and the post made it sound like he was a felon before this.

And yes, I am volunteer PR for AK - I have liked him ever since his famous speech, which I heard in person at the (peaceful) Ron Paul R3VOLution march/rally in '08.

Adam Kokesh's speech (Revolution March) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia