Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,096 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We are looking at one townhouse in Fairfax built by EYA in 2008 in Centerpointe III community. Anybody know anything about this community and types of townhouses? Are they any good? It seems that a lot of people have sold recently in this community or are selling, which worries me a little. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:57 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,506,551 times
I can't speak to the neighborhood, but to EYA, I can. They are by and far considered to be one of the best residential developers in town, period. Their awards for quality and customer service speak for themselves. Their team is actually and honestly incentivized by the customer satisfaction survey when they deliver a new product, and they're not affraid to shut down new production and put all eyes on a problem for a resolution. They all say their customer satisfaction is top priority, but only a few actually deliver on it. EYA sets the benchmark in this regard. They've got a townhome product that they've had for many years, have fine tuned it, and know it forwards/backwards/up/down/left/right/east/west/north/south, etc... Personally speaking, I could only wish they were in the single family home business, as I'd buy one in a heartbeat from these guys.

I wouldn't let the sales activity spook you at Centerpointe. It's a 2008 project far enough out to make the single family homes being built in Loudoun a huge draw on the expanding families in all of these townhome communities in western Fairfax Co. In my neighborhood alone, I couldn't count on two hands how many people I've meet from Reston who got married, bought a townhome or condo in Reston, started having kids and began to look for more space. They bought at the downturn when prices were low in 2008, realized the large equity they've achieved in today's market, ran the math on what a mortgage would look like at these interest rates (include the removal of condo association fees), sold, and rolled that equity into a larger single family home with a larger yard 10 miles away in Loudoun. That's probably a key driver to Centerpointe's sales activity with S. Riding just down the road on Rt. 50... The prices being achieved in Centerpointe now, aren't that far off from the prices out in Loudoun for a brand new single family home, especially when you factor in the larger downpayments coming from that equity of buying in 2008, selling in 2013.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 PM

349 posts, read 1,426,126 times
I looked at those townhomes back when they were being built and they looked very nice. Eya does really nice projects cosmetically and the finish quality is good. Whether the overall build of Eya is good or not I can't comment as I didn't look at any in the building stage, but I definitely liked the finishes. Eya also does a really nice job of using architectural styles that are traditional in this area vice the standardization style you see in a number of the national builders homes.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,096 times
Thank you, very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: