Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM

406 posts, read 616,398 times

Advertisements

I've noticed recently that the vacant land on the northeast corner of Government Center Pkwy and Ridge Top Rd in Fairfax (22030) has been cleared and has some site prep work ongoing.

Does anyone have any up to date info on what is destined for this parcel? As of a few years ago I saw some zoning/planning documents suggesting it would be townhomes but cannot find any info that is more recent.

Thanks in advance...or I will just keep watching...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 AM

Thought I would return with a follow-up...

After a couple weeks of site prep work, there is now a huge new sign promoting NVHomes "Ridgewood" 2 car garage townhomes with rooftop terraces. Description and imagery look like they'll be tall and skinny and modern like the Mosaic District ones...thinking the garages may be "stacked" or whatever the correct term is.

Nothing on the NV website yet, sign just says "coming soon"

Old 09-03-2013, 03:26 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,297,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acgood View Post
Thought I would return with a follow-up...

After a couple weeks of site prep work, there is now a huge new sign promoting NVHomes "Ridgewood" 2 car garage townhomes with rooftop terraces. Description and imagery look like they'll be tall and skinny and modern like the Mosaic District ones...thinking the garages may be "stacked" or whatever the correct term is.

Nothing on the NV website yet, sign just says "coming soon"
Coming later, traffic nightmare with no transit in site.

It sure would be nice if these developments were tied to infrastructure funding as they have been forced to be in Tysons. Its nice that some mixed use is happening at Fairfax Corner, but the traffic in that area is only gonna get worse if the planners don't understand mistakes of the past and start planning for alternative transportation now.

There are some bus lines currently but IIRC they use 66/parkway which are horrendous during rush.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,236 times
Default Looking to connect with Ridgewood NVHomes Buyers

Hello everyone - I am looking to connect with folks who have purchased new homes in the new upcoming NVHomes Ridgewood community. Would like to discuss the recent changes to the community.

Looking forward to connecting with my new neighbors !!

Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM

Congrats! When will they actually be building / completing these? We have been monitoring the progress (well mostly my son likes the bulldozers)

Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,236 times
Hey !! Thanks. I think they should be completing the first phase in June, July.

What building/lot are you in?

My wife and I are super excited.

Have they contacted you about the recent architecture and elevation changes? What do you think about these changes?

Old 03-09-2014, 05:50 PM

I live in the area but was purchasing before the Ridgewood homes were available. What kind of changes are they making?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia