U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,118,355 times

Advertisements

We have bought and sold 4 homes with janetscaffido.com She is totally professional, very hard working, very thorough, worth every penny of her commissions.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 PM

34 posts, read 105,189 times
I highly recommend Eva Damelin with Weichert Realtors. She had an offer on our condo two weeks after it was listed on the market, this was during the financial crisis in September. Our condo was also on the West End of Alexandria!

Good luck!

Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,509 times
Keino Simeon is an amazing realtor that I worked with recently. Very professional, knowledgeable, and a very nice guy. Here is his contact info:

Kieno Simeon, Real Estate Consultant
REMAX Allegiance

Last edited by FindingZen; 12-13-2008 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: sorry, that much info constitutes real estate advertising

Old 12-13-2008, 03:23 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,623,092 times
I would second the poster who suggested you go to open houses in your area and meet some Realtors. I consider myself a good Realtor but I wouldn't attemp to market anything that is not in my area. You need someone that knows the local market.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM

9 posts, read 21,610 times
If you haven't listed your home yet.......

I am a Realtor, but do not list homes up in Alexandria unfortunately, but I'll offer some advice. Before hiring an agent to sell your home, the most important thing to do is interview a few agents first and find an agent who will work hard for their commission, and don't just hire the agent who says they can get you the highest price for your house, unless they can back their list price up with stats and comparable homes. The biggest mistake I see in this market is overpricing the home. Price it competitively, but keep all the equity you can. Also, don't always just look at what has sold recently, look at what your competition is listed for. If you want your home to sell fast, make sure you have the nicest home in your price range. By pricing your home competitively, you will be saving your equity in the long run, and hopefully selling your home more quickly.

Make sure your agent take A LOT of GOOD photos of your home. Here is what I offer my clients... to give you an idea of services you may be looking for in your next agent.

Market Analysis
Home Staging Help (client is responsible for any purchases they may decide to make)
1-800 hotline number for your home w/ recorded info 24/7...
Talking House sign and transmitter
Online Marketing (~85%) of home buyer's begin looking online
A variety of ways to contact me: Cell, E-mail, text, Google Talk, and AIM
MLS listing with multiple photots (15 minimum)
Expanded hours...
When interviewing, consider the things you feel are important for your agent to offer you and talk with them about their services and their commission. Interview at least three agents, you are trusting this person with a valuable investment, and you should be able to easily get along with them! Hope this helps.

Alicia Monahan

Last edited by FindingZen; 12-18-2008 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Real estate advertising

Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM

7,965 posts, read 18,039,589 times
Exclamation This is not going out to anyone in particular...

... in fact, I probably should have posted this at the beginning of this thread.

There can be a fine line between offering suggestions about a realtor and advertising for a realtor. The latter happens to run up against the Terms of Service.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM

982 posts, read 3,098,361 times
I'd like to recommend Debbie Leiba or Mireya Hayes with Keller Williams Realty. I work with them and they're absolutely awesome agents. They both live near/in Alexandria and always go above and beyond what's expected. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put phone numbers on here or not, so I'll play it safe and skip posting phone numbers.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 PM

39 posts, read 101,022 times
If you happen to be looking along the Orange Line in Arlington, I have a top-notch recommendation:

Gabriel Deukmaji
CENTURY 21
CENTURY 21 Redwood Realty Agent Real Estate Listings for Northern Virginia

Old 12-25-2008, 08:01 AM

247 posts, read 611,124 times
I would highly recommend Clay Williams, who works with ReMax in the Alexandria/Springfield area. He was our agent when we both bought and sold our townhouse in Alexandria and also represented us buying our current house in Reston. He is the nicest guy, very low key, incredibly knowledgable about all house issues, and doesn't even make a big push for advertising himself--he is able to get by through word of mouth references. He doesn't focus quite so much on Reston, but if I were selling again I'd consider him.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,817,214 times
I highly recommend Debbie Jensen.

See: Washington DC Real Estate, Northern Virginia Properties, & Arlington Real EstateDebbie Jensen Realtor

Last edited by FindingZen; 12-27-2008 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: fixed link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia