Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 03:02 PM

47 posts, read 81,751 times

Advertisements

Our store was started to offer the surrounding community quality repairs for not just pc and laptops but electronics. We launched our store in 2012 and have done quite well and generally most of our customers are delighted that we are around.

Our main focus has been game console repairs simply because nobody else really does them. Many of the local game stores refer customers to us since we dont actually sell games therefore no direct competition. Lately with the news of the new consoles being released our businesses has started to decline.

I am not a super skilled marketer by any means but i have done a decent job with our online presence. I want to promote more laptop, pc, tablet, cell phone and tv repairs to increase our customer base but i fear the time it will take to achieve that will be too late.

The business has pretty much been operated by me, so time is not on my side as i have to be in the store and any meetings or networking events are during the store times of operation. If there are any suggestions that could help that would be great.

My goal is to keep the company going and to continue growing in the community, it would be simpler for me to just close shop and start a services company going after government contracts with my SDVOB status but that would not really help the people therefore i would prefer to go that route after this company remains a part of the community and flourishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,721,289 times
I think you should advertise on IT and gamer sites and offer your services via mail-in. You could tell people you'll apply the shipping cost to the cost of the repair--which you could do if you charge a healthy (but reasonable) repair rate.

Otherwise, I think it will be a lot harder to make a go of it locally. But for local presence, you might advertise on the various blogs like ArlNow and whatever its equivalents are in other NoVA jurisdictions.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,524 times
if I still lived in nova I would be interested but als, not anymore

Old 09-14-2013, 06:01 AM

271 posts, read 446,549 times
You want to scope your services clearly. What services are you offering besides Xbox Hacks? There are a tons of IT people in the area (especially those with cyber sec specialties) which would make your marketing harder to sell. I would simply recommend marketing services in your AO that are needed by local consumers. Once upon a time I wanted to create a start-up with a buddy that build custom PCs (Windows, Linux flavors) and have custom overclocks. Good thing we didn't because as PC architecture enhanced OC'ing became a lot easier thus minimizing projected business.

As a service disabled vet, I wish you all the best.
All the way, Airborne!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM

47 posts, read 81,751 times
Yes we focus primarily on repairs. When we have advertised it was primarily for repairs only and not other services.

Our website is built to focus on repairs. Our business cards focus on repairs as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia